Help! Scales!

Options
I need a good reliable affordable scale (that isn't a Wii)
Any recommendations?

Replies

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Just get a plank of wood from your back garden and place the ends across 2 bricks, then stand on it. If it stays in one piece, you are fine. If it breaks, more work needed...
  • Cozmetick
    Cozmetick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I was looking for something more accurate :bigsmile:
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    All scales are relatively accurate, the big thing here is to get one and stick with the same one, that way it doesn't matter if it's a few pounds off, you will still notice a gain or loss.
  • RachelSD7
    RachelSD7 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I find the weightwatchers ones are reliable and VERY accurate (to the 1/4lb, and can measure Body Fat Percentage, and can store up to 4 people in its memory
  • flab2fit_30
    Options
    you dont need a scale...you need a measuring tape and a mirror!

however, if you really want a scale- just go to target and buy a digital floor scale. they are about $25
  • RachelSD7
    RachelSD7 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    you dont need a scale...you need a measuring tape and a mirror!

however, if you really want a scale- just go to target and buy a digital floor scale. they are about $25

Definately agree with this. There are times when you will be getting thinner, but it may not register much on the scales.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Scales lie. Get calipers and a body tape measure, imho. Go by how your clothes fit to measure your body; go by how you feel every day to measure your overall fitness. Measure yourself by how you feel after a workout.

Don't get consumed in the lust for smaller numbers that fluctuate arbitrarily anyway. 2 months ago, I weighed exactly the same as I do now. The difference then was I was training for a marathon and was at about 19% body fat. Then I got really ill and sat on the couch for winter vacation with pizza and beer for companionship... I weigh the same but my body fat percentage ballooned up to 26% and my pants barely fit.

Weight doesn't matter as much as body composition. BMI is crap. If you can run a 5k and squat your bodyweight, you're freakin' fit in my books. :)