hey everybody. new here.

Options
Ok so basically stumbled upon this website browsing and was very impressed so I thought id sign up. Anyway. Im 253 lbs looking to lose 54 lbs. Even worsE my weight is in my belly and face it seems like. I think what hurts me is my huge appetite and ive struggled with binge eating for a long time. For this reason, dieting has always worked great. Always seemed to lose weight at a quick rate and always contributed it to the major difference in caloric intakes from binging to being on a healthy regimine.

So im basically sticking to an 1800 calorie plan. Wont drink my calories. I do sweeten my teas and my water with stevia as it does help me tolerate it.

So im here now and will post often to stay motivated and hopefully motivate with my success.

Best of luck.

jay

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    May as well add me. Got tons of friends but try to keep up as much as I can. This is the perfect place for you just never ever give up ok? No matter if you have bad times, we all do. Brush it off and keep going because tomorrow is a new day and you are doing better than you were doing zero right? Say yes :wink:
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Good luck.

Try adding some friends, it's amazing how having positive comments spurs you on.
    Be completely honest in your living, you may think twice about the second/third committee when you know people are reading what you're eating.
    :)
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi Jay, I agree about adding friends as it is good to have people to encourage you. I have been on this site for a while and was doing ok, then I gave up smoking last April and lost my way but all my friends were great and stuck with me. But now I am back to it and always up for helping new people. Please feel free to add me Wendy :smile:
  • sackings79
    Options
    Hey thanks for the advice about the adding friends. Yes, the one time in my life I was successful losing weight was when I had my friend was dieting with me. Helped keep me accountable and making myself go to the gym helped because I was not likely to make poor decisions later with food.

Im still navigating this site and tomorrow will add friends. Thanks again.
  • reeny34
    reeny34 Posts: 72
    Options
    I am looking to lose 55lbs. How about we motivate each other?

I have already sent you a friend request
  • nhitchner
    nhitchner Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good luck, just want to say, if you can find the right foods you can still eat a decent amount and still feel full.
    That is also why I really like this service since you can put done that amount that you eat and it will tell you roughly how much you have eaten in calorie, sodium, ext.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Believe you can do it and you are halfway there!
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! I'm on here everday, you can add me if you like. I agree with the never give up attitude. Good luck to ya! :flowerforyou:
  • Shar8210
    Options
    Hi Jay welcome! Best of luck to you and your efforts to reach your goal! This site is awesome the people here rocks! Best suppoort you can get and cheaper than weight watchers.
  • KimEllis41
    KimEllis41 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi There:
    This site was recommended to me by a friend at the gym.
    I got a gym membership for the first time in over a decade. I have been battling my weight for several years and have come to a point where I didn't want to continue to look like this.

I have been faithfully going to the gym since January 2nd and watch and record very closely what I am eating.
    I am discouraged as the scale seems to move very slowly, if at all in the direction that I was hoping for.
    I am overweight and need to lose about 75lbs and thought due to the drastic change in my lifestyle I would see results. :sad:
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • lane112409
    lane112409 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am also new to this I would love to have friends to help and support me that know what I am going threw!! If any one would be willing to stand behind me with support and motivation that would be a blessing thanks to all!!!:heart::heart: :heart:
  • sackings79
    Options
    Alright I'm 249.0 now.

Did a little research on binge eating and its associated with always thinking about food which is associated with being on a diet. Basically I've gathered that the people who are in the camp of extreme diets are the highest to binge due to the strictness of the diet.TThere's this weird trick your brain pulls that cheating on your diet a little and a lot are the same thing! So if I'm on a strict diet and eat a bowl of ice cream I've failed and all bets are off for today and I will start anew tomorrow. where in the grand scheme of things a bowl of ice cream does not even move the needle of weight gain. Its a series of bad choices for a long period of time that has got us this way.

Just some food for thought, pun intended.