Jeans for Guys

Options

Replies

• castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Those Ballroom jeans seem to work well for me

Their commercials are hilarious! I had wondered if the jeans were as good as advertised.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    You're 33 years old......only acceptable jeans are Levi's 501's or Wranglers.....or just be a man and wear slacks.....
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    You're 33 years old......only acceptable jeans are Levi's 501's or Wranglers.....or just be a man and wear slacks.....

Wha?

To the topic at hand, I have to wear jeans at work most of the time, and I shop exclusively at Goodwill (can't beat jeans for $3 every other Saturday). Most of the ones I find are of limited usefulness, but I've had decent luck with loose fit varieties of most major brands. I have to say, though, that overall, the 2 most consistently decent-fitting brands are Lucky and some brand called Urban Up that I'd never heard of before.
  • awndawn
    Options
    My boyfriend swears by Levi's low-rise bootcut. Not sure of style.
  • Holly_penguin
    Holly_penguin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    When I used to work retail for Levi's there was a 560 jean that was athletic cut with straight leg. Which means same as 501 (button fly) or 505 (zipper fly) in waist and hips but with larger thigh and straight from kee down. I used to fit these on many New England Patriots players including my regular customer Vinny Brown. At the time (1989-1993) the 550 was popular. Same as 560 but with tapered leg. As much as I detest the skinny jean on men...I think a tapered leg is a much larger faux pas currently. Hope this helps some
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    haters gonna hate, but the loose fitting wranglers from walmart are great.

I have to wear them to fit over my quads as well. I look "normal" in loose jeans.
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    Levis 560 is the only style I will wear.
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    For-all-you-guys-wearing-skinny-jeans.jpg
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Levi's 527 Slim Fit, Boot Cut, Low Rise for cheaper jeans.

Express Kingston have a wider leg though and are still boot cut. A little more pricey but not to bad as they always have coupons available.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    I'm running into a little issue here. Jeans that fit my waist generally do not fit my quads (well they do, just not in a comfortable way). Skinny jeans ... well those should just not be in a guy's wardrobe, but these may be borderline. I usually wear Lucky 32 x 30.

Do any of you fella's have recommendations?

I run into the exact same problem. Either to loose in my waist but fit my quads or to tight in my quads but fit my waist. I have found lucky fits better than Levi's, but still not great.

I'm gonna go check out sevens for mankind tonight after work cause I have a 50% off discount I can use, hopefully they fit well
  • Gamer_2k4
    Gamer_2k4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just wear big jeans and belts. It doesn't flatter me, but it's saved me from buying jeans for nearly three years (despite losing about fifty pounds).

Finding dress clothes...that's a whole new can of worms.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    A guy I dated had this issue from squatting and deadlifting *swoon*

He found good luck with Lucky and Levi's, can't remember the Levi's number though. Pricey? Yes. But a few good fitting pairs of jeans are worth more than 10 ill fitting ones. If you think your size will be changing quite a bit still, check out outlet shops or search for deals online.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Ha - I guess it's just me, but I still say Ewen McGregor pulls off skinny jeans. My husband wouldn't be caught dead in skinny jeans. He just gets the Levi's loose-fit knock-offs that they sell at Target. He doesn't even try them on or care what they look like. haha

Ewan-McGregor-677x1024.jpeg
  • BrianDCarlson
    Options
    The Levi's 559's are awesome. Relaxed straight fit jeans. Not too baggy but not painted on. After losing my first round of weight I finally found a pair that fit right - bought a bunch on amazon. They'll keep me going until the next round.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Those aren't skinny jeans, those are slim fit jeans. Bit difference. That's actually the style I'm wearing now.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Those aren't skinny jeans, those are slim fit jeans. Bit difference. That's actually the style I'm wearing now.

In my husband's estimation, anything that tapers inward from the knee to the ankle is considered a skinny jean (practically 'tights' in his book) :laugh:
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options

Agreed. That's what I wear as well. Grew out of the baggy jeans look a long time ago
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

In my husband's estimation, anything that tapers inward from the knee to the ankle is considered a skinny jean (practically 'tights' in his book) :laugh:

It's time to tell your husband that he's wearing the male equivalent of mom jeans and he needs to get with the current decade.
  • Andy_83
    Andy_83 Posts: 270
    Options
    Same issue, am 30 waist 34 leg and it's impossible to get anything that legs fit into and if they do then as soon as you have a wallet and phone in your pockets you look ridiculous. Bigger jeans and a belt has shown itself as the most reliable solution
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Levi's 550 or 560 jeans. I need room for my *kitten* and quads. 560's are my current choice.