Who works out in the morning

Options
I'm just curious about who works out in the early butt crack of dawn before work.

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    A lot of people. That's the only time I may have during the day so it's best to get it done.
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I did today :smile:

I used to work out in the morning religiously, did Insanity ... routinely went to the gym around 5am - I love it. No crowds, no BS.
  • duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Yawn- 4:30 am at the latest just about every weekday. I get anxious if for some reason I can't and have to wait until the evening.... like its hanging over my head all day and then I really have to psych myself up to go and do it. In the morning, I figure "well I already got up, better get this done."
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Me. The gym is too crowded at 5:00-6:00PM, when I get there after work. And with only one squat rack and one power cage? I can pretty much forget using those at that time. As such, I go at about 5:30AM and usually have my choice - which, BTW, is power cage.
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Up at 3:30, in the gym by 3:45. Home by 5:30.
    Best time of the day.
  • M22KY
    M22KY Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I do because I will never exercise if I wait 'til after work. I like to get up and get mine over with so at the end of the day all I have to do is go home, shower, and lounge in front of the TV with my dinner.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    tuesday and thursday mornings, my goal is to be at the gym by 545. it's usually closer to 6.
  • shawnakelsey
    shawnakelsey Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I do and I LOVE!!!! it. I feel like it gets my whole day moving!!
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I did, before I fell off the wagon in October. The hubs & I got up at 4am & went to the gym.
  • ashzacher
    ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I do!! I just started. Last year I went after work religiously from 4:30 to about 6. I have too much to do in the evenings and started skipping workouts. It takes a lot to drag my butt out of bed in the AM, but getting a run and some weightlifting fit into my morning schedule makes my day so much better. Like the other posters, it hangs over my head if I don't go in the morning, and half the time I end up not going! It's so much better getting it out of the way, and far less crowded :-)
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I do, thats the only way I'll get it done
  • MissGamerGirl
    MissGamerGirl Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I would like to think of myself as a person who would, but no.

I'm just not a morning person whatsoever. I prefer to work out in the afternoon after I've had some calories in me and my energy is at its peak.

My energy is at my absolute lowest in the morning. I've resolved with myself that I don't need to stress myself out to get out there early because others do. I get my workouts done just like everyone else.
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    It kind of varies for me, but during the week I always run early in the morning (5'ish).
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I do...I start between 3:00a and 3:30a. :smile:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I do after work. I work nights 11pm-7am. Usually work out between 8 am and 10am. On weekends I'll go out for a short walk @2am if it's a slow work night.
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I get out of bed, wash my face, brush my teeth and work out :happy:
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I do, it sets me up for the day and all I want to do after work is go home!!! There's also the added bonus of using the gym's showers and saving a shedload on the water and lecky bills!!! :bigsmile:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I normally do but I've been lazy lately so I've been working out at night.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Having to open the bank every morning, sleep is more important right now. I work out in the evenings. When I was able to work out in the morning, I was hungry all day. Late afternoon to evening has been better for my schedule.
  • jenkat20
    Options
    I get up and workout in the morning 4-5 days a week. I am not a morning person and I hate it but do it because its the only time I have. It was really hard to do in the beginning (the waking up) but once I had been doing it for about a month, it got easier to get up early. I just don't even consider staying in bed. It's great because I have more energy in the morning and I'm in a better mood. :blushing: