Healthy Snacks.... for MEN.

Replies

• roisins_girl
    roisins_girl Posts: 11 Member
    I like a 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese with a serving of low fat cheez-its or a serving of cheddar almond nut-thins.

Baked potato chips or garden of eatin blue tortilla chips and salsa
    Air popped pop corn (you can do it in the microwave in a paper sandwich bag)
    If he's craving salt you can go for a serving of olives
    Multi-grain Pita chips
    Multi-grain Pretzles
    frozen blueberries (Put blueberries on one layer on a cookie sheet and then put them in the freezer, once frozen, bag them so they don't turn into a brick)
    Roasted chickpeas
    Soy nuts
  • TLC7613
    TLC7613 Posts: 86 Member
    Thank you to those who have actually answered the question.
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    I didn't know there were foods that were gender related. I have no idea what man food is and female food is. Food is food.

I never specified food as being gender related, simply looking for snacks that a man would prefer to eat. I was hoping to hear from other men who might have a favorite type of snack they like to eat.

It's really not our fault that you don't understand how your belief that men have snacks they prefer that women may not is gender-related and indicative of an inherent gender bias in your thought process that is both wrong and misplaced. We get it - you don't mean anything by it, you don't want 'dainty' things like rice cakes for 'your man' and you wanted guys to chime in with what they liked. It doesn't make our attempts at pointing it out wrong.

Food is food. People like different things. It isn't based on gender. Seriously. So what you really needed to do was say that your boyfriend wants heartier snacks, give examples, and give examples of what he doesn't like (or what you think he wants and won't want), and then ask for other snacks in a similar vein. What you DID was separate foods out by what 'men approve' of to eat for themselves as if what women approve of for themselves is so different.

Trust me - I think we all get what you meant by now. Restating it multiple times won't help. Whether or not you get what we're saying remains to be seen, but restating it multiple times now won't help any more either, as you either get it or you don't.

The overarching advice by a lot of us is going to remain the same -- get his opinion, take him to the store so he can see different options and make choices, try lots of different things. And you will also get, as you already have, several specific suggestions of snacks we like. If you hadn't tried to make it all 'man-approved' you may have had even more suggestions without a lot of 'bwah?' comments by people like me.

We haven't even gotten into the debate of what you mean by 'healthy' as that is a broad definition and we all vary widely and debate it frequently here on mfp!

And all that said...some good snacks that I find filling for during the day include roasted edamame seeds, smoked gouda slices, kroger bourbon chicken breast, grapes, raspberries, blueberries, apples, bananas, popcorn, havarti, pumpkin seeds, fage 2% blueberry greek yogurt, carrots, cucumbers, etc.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    I didn't know there were foods that were gender related. I have no idea what man food is and female food is. Food is food.

I never specified food as being gender related, simply looking for snacks that a man would prefer to eat. I was hoping to hear from other men who might have a favorite type of snack they like to eat.

It's really not our fault that you don't understand how your belief that men have snacks they prefer that women may not is gender-related and indicative of an inherent gender bias in your thought process that is both wrong and misplaced. We get it - you don't mean anything by it, you don't want 'dainty' things like rice cakes for 'your man' and you wanted guys to chime in with what they liked. It doesn't make our attempts at pointing it out wrong.

Food is food. People like different things. It isn't based on gender. Seriously. So what you really needed to do was say that your boyfriend wants heartier snacks, give examples, and give examples of what he doesn't like (or what you think he wants and won't want), and then ask for other snacks in a similar vein. What you DID was separate foods out by what 'men approve' of to eat for themselves as if what women approve of for themselves is so different.

Trust me - I think we all get what you meant by now. Restating it multiple times won't help. Whether or not you get what we're saying remains to be seen, but restating it multiple times now won't help any more either, as you either get it or you don't.

The overarching advice by a lot of us is going to remain the same -- get his opinion, take him to the store so he can see different options and make choices, try lots of different things. And you will also get, as you already have, several specific suggestions of snacks we like. If you hadn't tried to make it all 'man-approved' you may have had even more suggestions without a lot of 'bwah?' comments by people like me.

We haven't even gotten into the debate of what you mean by 'healthy' as that is a broad definition and we all vary widely and debate it frequently here on mfp!

And all that said...some good snacks that I find filling for during the day include roasted edamame seeds, smoked gouda slices, kroger bourbon chicken breast, grapes, raspberries, blueberries, apples, bananas, popcorn, havarti, pumpkin seeds, fage 2% blueberry greek yogurt, carrots, cucumbers, etc.
    The%2BRock%2BClapping.gif
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    If we're going to involve the Rock in this discussion, I give you.

tumblr_meijftcNTc1qg1vd7.jpg
  • TLC7613
    Gotta love the internet.

Thank you to everyone who suggest snack ideas that my husband might like. I appreciate it and I've definitely made note of them.
    Hope you all have a fantastic rest of your day.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Gotta love the internet.

Thank you to everyone who suggest snack ideas that my husband might like. I appreciate it and I've definitely made note of them.
    Hope you all have a fantastic rest of your day.
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-3030-1366672934-3.gif
  • OK, I just joined.....I am starving.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Here is the lunch I always make for my husband

Plain greek yogurt in a container, sweetened with stevia, and add in fruit (boysenberries right now), brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon
    Graham crackers to go with the yogurt
    The above is for break.
    Then Sandwich with home-roasted and sliced meat/poultry, broiled cheese, lettuce, tomato/vegetable
    Chips
    Bag-of-treats
    Homemade kombucha drink

I have been making this lunch for him for 7 years, he loves it! (He is a nurse, works 6 days on, 7 days off)
    The variety comes in what bread you choose, how you roast/season the meats, the kind of cheese and vegetables on the sandwich, type of mustard, kind of chips, what treats you find, etc etc etc...

My FAVORITE places to get the best foods are, Trader Joe's and my garden and the health food store.

Trader Joe's has the BEST chips, bread for sandwiches, and their candies/crackers/cookies are the absolute best.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member

Oh dear!
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member

oh but did you know that food can have a gender...

bell-pepper-sex-hoax-image.jpg
    Got that.....only give him the peppers with three bumps.

Won't eating the male version of a food mean he's gay?
    NTTAWWT
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    In...

dr-pepper-ten_0.jpg
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member

oh but did you know that food can have a gender...

bell-pepper-sex-hoax-image.jpg
    Got that.....only give him the peppers with three bumps.
    That is too funny!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Uhm.... Food.
    I wasn't aware it was gender specific.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member

If he won't figure out what he wants and articulate, perhaps he should go to the store with you and select more options.

^great suggestion there.

If my husband can't tell me what he wants me to get and write it on the list, I suggest he go with me because he's got to eat whatever I buy.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Nuts, fruit, figs, dates, yogurt.
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    I eat raw almonds pretty much every day as a snack.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Pretzels with peanut butter.
    Cut up chunks of ham or chicken breast.
    Greek yogurt with granola.
    Beef jerky.

Lots of good suggestions posted.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Raspberry soufflé?

Protein cupcakes?
  • TLC7613
    Raspberry soufflé?

Protein cupcakes?

Thats a great idea, thanks!! I never thought about making cupcakes with protein powder! Any suggestions on a good chocolate one?