My new face freaks me out!

Options
Am I the only one? My facial features are becoming sharper, and because I've always had a rounded face, it catches me off guard. I know it's silly, but I'm worried that I'll look mean with a sharper face. Has anyone else felt the same way?

Replies

• jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You just have to remember to smile more so you don't look mean! :)
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    When I was at my skinniest, yes, but let me tell ya, I got used to that face and now my fat fluffy round face freaks me out!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I haven't been at a healthy weight in ten years really, so I was used to my round face. People always said I had a "sweet" face but now I look *****y I think!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I was overweight/obese for about 20 years so it's definitely taking some time to get used to my face (and the rest of my body for that matter). Sometimes I think I look weird, especially if I'm tired or bloated. I feel like my nose looks bigger now too. LOL!

It's hard to tell from your profile pics but you don't like *****y to me. :)
  • Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Without all the fat to fill it out, my face sagged a little. It's not awful but it bugs me every day. The saggy tummy I can hide but my face is out there for everyone to see. It's just enough that I have weighed the benefits of a face lift on more than one occasion...
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    My nose looks bigger now too! And pointy - eek!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    yes and no. I think I look a bit older suddenly. I am ok with that though. I'm 37 after all.

Actually last summer after a few months on MFP and about 25 lb lost, I was really getting worried... I started to see my mother's skinny turkey neck showing on me, as well as such a sharper face. Even at my heaviest-ever weight of 307 lb, I didn't have a double chin except at weird angles. At 270 I had a pretty "average" face so I was really concerned for a bit that I was going to become freakishly skinny-faced. That hasn't happened. I am at 199 lb right now and my face hasn't changed much since last summer (about 40 more lb lost).

I think it goes in "phases", at least for me. There was a huge difference in my face at 307 versus 270. Then another big change going from 270 to 240 and it kind of leveled off. If that makes any kind of sense!

It's weird though. I have started to see photos of myself and actually feel happy when my face looks a bit round haha the opposite of how I used to feel about that.