Gluten free lunch ideas?

Options
I eat gluten free, and am in desperate need of some gluten free lunch ideas. I work through the day, but do have access to a microwave at work. Does anyone have any recipes, or ideas?

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    can of salmon over spinach with raspberries, a light raspberry viniagrette dressing, with some crushed walnuts or pecans.
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey! I eat gluten-free also. I'm relatively new, but maybe I can help. Let me get this right... You *do* have access to a microwave at work, right? What have you been eating at your lunches so far?
  • nicolem021985
    nicolem021985 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes I do have access to a microwave. I've been eating salads, but I'm getting sooo sick of them!
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Okay, good! Is it possible that you could make extra food when you make dinner the night before, and take it with you for lunch the next day? I've been doing that and it's been working really great. When we're done eating dinner, I pack the remaining food up then so it's easy to grab. It's also cheaper.

EDIT: We've been having things like chicken breast "breaded" in potato flakes, lasagna made with rice noodles, homemade chicken corn soup with white beans instead of noodles, or my favorite filling combo of baked chicken, sweet potato, and sauteed zucchini with a pinch of shredded parmesan cheese.
  • ashzacher
    ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Meal prepping is something I do every Sunday. Cook a few chicken breasts, some ground turkey, some brown rice, some veggies, and you're good to go for lunches throughout the week!

Switch up the veggies, seasonings, and meat/veggie pairings for different combinations. Try ground turkey with homemade tomato sauce (or store bought if it is gf!). You can use brown rice pasta, broccoli slaw, zucchini, or spaghetti sauce as a pasta replacement. Also, replacing w/ veggies cuts down on the calories!

You may like Larabars. All Larabar products are certified GF!! They have lots of different varieties of their fruit/nut bars to choose from!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Salad, soup, chili, stew, hummus or pb with veggie sticks

Leftovers from your gluen free dinner.

ETA: sorry just saw your 'sick of salads' post (tho you might try something tuna or egg salad).
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I like doing a "snack meal" sometimes for lunch - a mix of marinated olives/peppers/whatever looks good from the troughs near the produce in the grocery store, some deli meat or salami, maybe some cheese.
    Super easy and a nice change from salads and leftovers.
  • takerbrat
    takerbrat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just posted a couple of gluten free snack recipes on my MFP blog, I was diagnosed with a gluten sensitivity last August(for a year or more the doctors thought I had lupus) so as a cook book publisher/author I have focussed on converting my favourite recipes and trying new ones . . . all of the recipes on my blog are gluten free - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/takerbrat/view/2-great-gluten-free-snack-recipes-619803