New and looking to connect with others

Options
Hi, I have been using MFP the past three weeks to log my food and keep track of daily calorie intake. I would like to connect with other who are doing the same. This is new to me, Instead of "dieting" I am focusing on eating healthy and limiting caloric intake. I would like to connect with others who are doing the same thing. I have over 100 pounds to lose and I have been told this is the best way to do it and achieve long term success. I would really appreciate connecting with others, especially those who have some experience and success.

Thanks.

Karen

Replies

• stephs712
    Options
    I've been going since January 3. I'm trying to think of it as a new way of life and not a diet too. It seems to be working for me so far. I'm always looking for supportive buddies. Feel free to add me.
  • Lpaduano17
    Lpaduano17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have started back up with this site this week and would love to connect with more people. I have an initial goal of 50 lbs to lose. Please feel free to add me!
  • Watson_20
    Watson_20 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm doing the same thing you are doing Karen and that's logging in food here, I also log food on another site. I have to keep track of what I eat because I'm on three different diets I am on. I myself was told aout the long term success by logging food in and for my health. Feel free to add me to your friend list f you wish too.
  • rdec873
    rdec873 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen,
    I'm in the same boat. Have been going for about 2 weeks now and have been logging for just the last couple days. I'm hoping to add some people here to help get me through the challenges and encourage each other. Please add me to your network if you want. Would like share the experience.
    Rich
  • Katz135
    Katz135 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi there..... I have over 70 to lose and am giving this a real honest try. But it is nice to get supportive messages from others and be able to see what others re doing. Also nice is the recipes.
  • therealblackdahlia
    therealblackdahlia Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen, I just started yesterday. Welcome!

Feel free to add me. I'm still trying to figure the site out.

Best,
    BD
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    im currently trying to gain weight since having a problem with food after a bad relationship, add me if you like :) were all on our own journeys!
  • swiftmoss
    Options
    Hi, I had massive success using MFP last year just in time for our family holiday to Florida. I lost 35lb and felt fantastic, however I have put most of that 35lb back on, if not more! Feel free to add me, it's great to support each other.
  • ladyoflb
    ladyoflb Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Support definitely helps! I love to connect with people who have similar goals as I do. Please feel free to add me!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome Karen!!!!
    Feel free to Friend me.

yes, this is great. LIFESTYLE Change!

You can do it, one day at a time. You will slip up at times. It won't always be fun, but we WILL be here to lend you a hand and help you back up.

Nancy
  • jvepley337
    jvepley337 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi karen! I'm new too! feel free to add me as well we use some fitness buddies!
  • evamclaughlin9
    evamclaughlin9 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had success a couple of years ago and lost over 25 pounds and since then have put it all back on. I am hoping this time to take off 45 and keep it off for good.
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen (and everyone else)!

I'm doing the same thing as you, Karen. I'd love to help you reach your goals. Feel free to send me a friend request and tell me how I can help (offer is open to anyone).
  • ChrisSpencer71
    Options
    Welcome Karen! Sounds like you are doing exactly what I'm doing as well! Feel free to add me as a friend so we can encourage each other. Best of luck!
  • Csy4242
    Csy4242 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! Doing the same here and it's good to have support and to be able to help motivate each other!
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen,

Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I have been on and off MFP for the last couple of years and besides the logging being extremely helpful, everyone on this site is super supportive and friendly. And also full of information.

Feel free to add me.. always looking for new buddies on this quest! Invitation is extended to anyone else too!

Christine
  • debbietarvin5
    debbietarvin5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen,

I am in the same boat (over 100 lbs. to lose). I have just started a 100 Day Challenge, with my little sister and before I knew it 4 other family members have joined in the challenge.

I would love to add you to our Challenge and we can support each other through the 100 days. I saw a video that I really got a lot out of by Lakeisha Shurn, who decided to go to the Gym for 100 Days straight. She took a time lapse video of her journey. She was over 300 lbs. when she began and under 300 lbs. at the end of the 100 Days.

You can see her video here:
    http://www.wimp.com/womangym/

I though that might work for me. It's a time framing with dates and progress measurement at the end. I know that if I do well, I will want to complete another 100 Days and will reach my goals.

The rules are simple. Do something physical every single day for 100 Days. It could be something as simple as walking or stretching...just something. And eat healthier during the 100 Days. Those are the only rules and you will have someone doing it with you, which always seems to make it easier.

I started mine on Monday of this week. My niece and her family started Tuesday. If you started tomorrow, you would be right there with us.

Let me know if this is something that you would like to do and we will welcome you with open arms.

Debbie
    \/
  • HappyRunner34
    HappyRunner34 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    HI - Love to connect with other runners who are nutrition conscious as well! Happy to connect with new friends and open to sharing!
  • debbietarvin5
    Options
    Hi Stephs,

I am in the same boat (over 100 lbs. to lose). I have just started a 100 Day Challenge, with my little sister and before I knew it 4 other family members have joined in the challenge.

I would love to add you to our Challenge and we can support each other through the 100 days. I saw a video that I really got a lot out of by Lakeisha Shurn, who decided to go to the Gym for 100 Days straight. She took a time lapse video of her journey. She was over 300 lbs. when she began and under 300 lbs. at the end of the 100 Days.

I though that might work for me. It's a time framing with dates and progress measurement at the end. I know that if I do well, I will want to complete another 100 Days and will reach my goals.

The rules are simple. Do something physical every single day for 100 Days. It could be something as simple as walking or stretching...just something. And eat healthier during the 100 Days. Those are the only rules and you will have someone doing it with you, which always seems to make it easier.

I started mine on Monday of this week. My niece and her family started Tuesday. If you started tomorrow, you would be right there with us.

Let me know if this is something that you would like to do and we will welcome you with open arms.

Debbie
    \/
  • debbietarvin5
    Options
    Hi Rde,

Debbie
    \/