About halfway there (fat person in boxer shorts warning!)

Options
I wasn't going to do this until I had reached my goal weight, but after Christmas and New Year, and all of the smoking, eating and drinking that I overindulged in, I reckon I need a bit of support.

I was overweight in sixth form, but really put on a lot of weight over the first two years of University, and in June I weighed 268lbs. I've now been dieting for almost 6 months, and I started to run. I can now run for about 6 miles without stopping and I've also lost 51lbs, I think it's most noticeable in my face and my legs (I should have kept a photo track of my legs!):

214xfgz.png

My stomach looks smaller over the 6 month period but it hasn't looked that much smaller between months.

15fj9cz.png

I think I heard that the stomach is the last place where men lose fat though, can someone confirm this? :

I have lost a bit of momentum, and I really want to get back on top of things. Thanks for reading :)

(if someone could please help me with uploading the pictures properly, that would be greatly appreciated!)

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Your loss area depends on your genetics. You are losing weight all over, but some of us save the best for last in special areas like our belly or butt. I also save it in my belly. Ironically, that was my best motivator. When I was researching about losing weight I learned that people who retain fat mostly around their belly are also the most likely to retain fat around their heart, lungs, liver, kidney, etc. I was horrified and really started to take this seriously, as in a healthy life style or early death. It was a wake up call to me. I can't help with your pictures, sorry. :sad:
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Your pictures are now working and what a great difference! Congratulations for such an accomplishment! Go you and keep it up!:drinker:
  • sammeir123
    sammeir123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's good to know :) thanks. A lot of people have said that I've lost weight but apart from maybe the first month, I can't see much of a difference in my stomach.
    I don't know how to change the pics, but I tried right click on the picture > open in new tab and the pics are there
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! You can definitely tell you are slimmer in all areas, keep up the great work!
  • Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    very good progress in one month, keep it up!:)
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!! Great job there :wink:
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Untitled_zpsbe2b2f71.jpg
    Untitled2_zps7711ebcd.jpg
    Untitled3_zps85d67d2e.jpg

Very well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!