Avocado FATs

Options
I've been struggling with trying to eat within the suggested caloric intake...

Today I thought I would really watch carbs and sugars - though most of the sugar intake is through fruits... which goes to carbs too...

Trying to reach the goals are hard or I over shoot them in an area - like protein...

Today I was going to eat an avocado salad, but then that really increases my fat intake - I've heard it's healthy fat, but then again the numbers are off when you look at it - how do you all adjust to that?

Can eating avocados be okay when there is so much fat in them?

Replies

• obmckenzie
    obmckenzie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm on a low carb/high fat diet. (<30g carbs) and Avocados are a great source of good fat!

I eat lots of high fat/full fat products and cook in animal fats/bacon grease. I eat like 4-6 slices of bacon a night! lol
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Avocados are extremely nutritious. Fat is not bad.

If you're really struggling with calories, it might be best to just focus on that for a while and not overthink the macros. Once you have that sorted, you can look at other areas. In general, aim to get a minimum amount of protein and fats rather than worrying about the exact ratios. If you're following MFP's defaults then the protein target is generally regarded as being on the low side anyway, so unless you have underlying medical issues that mean you need to worry about protein - I wouldn't worry about going over that goal. And don't worry about eating fruits either (again, assuming no underlying medical issues that would mean you have to be careful about sugar).
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    They're really healthy and I love them, but I try to fit them into my fat macros. I tend to keep my saturated fat really low, so I eat mostly healthier fats. If you end up having a high-fat day, but you're within your calories, I don't see why it'd be a problem, since many people have success on a higher-fat diet.
  • cdgabbert
    cdgabbert Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I really need help with this stuff!! I have an ankle issue that hurts my working out / cardio... even walking some days can be a pain in the - well ankle/foot... so I am trying hard to get the calorie thing underway...

This really helps out!!!

Anyone who can help / friend me - watch my foods would be GREAT!!!

I am just starting this all over again and didn't have good success the first time!!