31 y/o Single Dad! Heyo

Options
Hi folks, been using this site on and off for a couple years. Finally in a semi-stable situation to really be able to focus on my health and fitness goals. I'll spare the life changing craziness, but I'm sure folks can relate to uncontrollable things that can get in the way.

November 2013, weighed 270lbs, Im a medium-large frame, 6'1 male, high bone density.

I'd like to get back to a healthy weight but not into a competitive body builder...my BMI was around 31-33.

I started on a 90% raw diet, lots of veggies and fruits, nuts, etc. And good cuts of chicken. Its been working great.

Weeks with my kid, I try to make it to the gym 4x a week, depending on time constraints, etc.

Weeks w/o, its 5-6x a week, all sessions are about 60-90mins, hard cardio with 20-30 mins of cutting techniques and farmers walks for weights.

Thus far, in about 7 weeks, dropped ~5% BF and 12lbs, been eating 140g+ of protein a day to keep from atrophy setting in. I try to keep it neat 2000kcal a day, usually 1800. Lots of water.

Anyway, thats me, trying to get to 12-15% BF, the discipline is there, I just would like to link up with people to talk about techniques, tips, etc. I occasionally fall off the wagon to my weakness, craft beer. :) Salute.

Replies

• Chanti1620
    Chanti1620 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Your Doing Great!
    I'm going to add you, you seem super motivated =)
  • amebix
    amebix Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! My motivation came from a close family member passing away, coupled with too many start/stop episodes. Its on for GOOD now!!! Lets get it!!

Best motivational workout album of ALL TIME:

"The Workout" By Stic. Man.
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    great for having realistic goals.

I lost close 60 gained some back.. so Im again to get back on track .

feel free to friend me.

Good Luck
  • Chanti1620
    Chanti1620 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i've lost about 86lbs, i still have another 90 to go... but now that i've learned to eat and what works for my body (80% strength and 20% cardio) i've been killing it! averaging about 10-12lbs a month gone.
    I'm trying to get summer time fine lol =)
  • ShelleyTurgeon
    ShelleyTurgeon Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Sound like my kinda friend... add me :)