getting my whole family exercising

Options
how do I get my parents to exercise when we all have different schedules? I think walking is my best option but my dad goes to sleep by the time I get home from work and so does my mom I only work about 3 time per week so that is something, any advice?? they are in their 60's while im 22.

Replies

• Lauraplane
    Lauraplane Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Do they want to exercise? It is hard to get someone to do it if they don't want to.
  • cnb165
    cnb165 Posts: 9
    Options
    I think let them know that it would motivate you if they participated.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Do they want to exercise? It is hard to get someone to do it if they don't want to.

This.

People need to have their own 'ah-ha' moment before they'll do something
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    If they want to walk with you then go for it. Sounds like you have a schedule 4 days a week that you can do it. Thats a great start. Use it as 'family talk time'. Ask them stories about their childhood. You could end up building fantastic memories while helping yourselves get healthier.

Trust me, you would so treasure this time when they are gone. (many, many years from now)
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I understand that once you want to get healthy and start living the lifestyle you want everyone else to as well, but the problem with that is it's not up to you to make them. Everyone has their time and being a good example is all you can do, if they want to workout and eat healthy as well they will take it upon themselves to do so. You need to worry about you.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Walk on the days that you can. We use to do family walks and it was so fun, I wish we were all close enough to do that now.

Walk. Hike. Soccer in the park. Kitchen dance parties.