Weight Loss in Your 30s

Options
When I was a teen and in my 20s losing weight was so easy. Now, in my 30s it takes more effort and dedication and it comes off at a far slower pace. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Best,
BD

Replies

• toiletski
    toiletski Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've always had to be super strict to get the results I want no matter what my age. My genetics wants me to be chubby but I disagree.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Yup....I decided back in Sept I got 6 months til my 32nd birthday I want to lose weight so I might as well start....I never recorded my highest weight at 192 but down about 15 lbs since Oct
  • therealblackdahlia
    therealblackdahlia Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    I hear you, my genetics say the same thing! Maybe we're related? *lol* I'll just have to be far more diligent I guess!
  • therealblackdahlia
    Options
    You're doing amazing jennegan, I hope to follow your lead!
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    It is incredibly hard for me... been a long process though. Down 72lbs & I have 8 more to go til I get to my goal weight. Good luck.
  • toiletski
    toiletski Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    If you're short too it's a good possibility we're in the same boat! haha...I'm only 5'1. Short stature + chubby genes = no wiggle room. But it's possible!
  • therealblackdahlia
    Options
    Hard, but you're doing it - way to go. That's amazing!
  • therealblackdahlia
    Options
    Ha ha, I'm not petite, but not tall either. Definitely chubby genes in my case..and possible too much wiggle! :)
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Thanks some weeks its more some weeks its less and some weeks its none but Im not looking for a quick weight loss either.....I got to worry about hyopthroidism my self
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Just turned 32 last week and yes, the older I get, the harder it seems to be to get it off. It might also have to do with the fact that the older I get, the more stuff starts to ache and that plays into my workout routine....ugh, getting old sucks!
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Yep. Hypothyroid, my genes hate me and so do my jeans......hey ooooohhhhhh, I'm no spring chicken (33 :/), and 5'1. Mother nature can suck it :)
  • JennR2006
    Options
    Its never easy (unless you are a guy it seems!) but, think how much harder it would be if we were 60 something. I just want to get control of my weight now, hoping for better health at 60. I haven't been the best at plugging in my weight loss on here, but I have a board at home and I've lost 3lbs since 12/30. I don't have a goal weight, just want to zip my wedding dress again for our anniversary this summer.
  • canadakim17
    canadakim17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    yes! It's been much harder in my 30's post baby than it EVER was before-I could just go for a quick run everyday and the weight would just fall off. Now, I have to be super strict with my diet and constantly mix u my workouts, etc to try and get any type of results!
  • therealblackdahlia
    Options
    Hypothyroidism runs in my family also. I've incorporated kelp into my diet to help with that.
  • therealblackdahlia
    Options
    It does...but we're not 'older' just better, more refined! :) I hear you regarding the body aches, never felt this way in my 20s.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    i didn't really know how to eat to lose weight in highschool, and i'm in charge of the grocery list now, so in many ways its actually a lot easier for me.

But i am far more injury prone, take longer to heal, and lose gains far more quickly. so in that respect i'm feeling the age
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I never successfully lost any significant weight in my teens or 20s. I lost 90+ lbs in my 30s. :smile:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    30's is nothing. Wait till you hit 50!
  • yajeeb
    yajeeb Posts: 3
    Options
    I'll be 42 in July and I just stopped breastfeeding my fourth child...I've gotta tell you, it doesn't get easier to lose weight as I get older, but it does get easier to accept that it's a long term goal. I eat better, workout, drink more water, and take supplements. I'm planning to stay fit for the rest of my life.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    meh, we'll reach our goals sooner or later. The problem for me is I always dieted the WRONG way in my 20's so I can't really say if I lost better during my 20's or not cause I was always doing some fad BS or taking diet pills. At least I'm wiser this time around.