Hungry after eating breakfast than when I skip breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have to eat breakfast otherwise I am very cranky. I typically have something small when I'm getting ready for work around 6:30 am and then have a banana at 10 am. That keeps me happy until lunch!
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Doesn't seem to matter what I eat for breakfast, I am always hungrier than if I don't eat it. I don't eat things like cereal or pop tarts. It's usually fruit or eggs or the occasional bagel. ALWAYS growling by 10 am. :sad:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    pro-breakfast terrorism

Nice.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat breakfast, there is no meal that's more important than any other. You can eat your calories whenever you want.

I eat breakfast because I like to eat from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed :happy:

My solution to the mid morning hunger is to eat another breakfast! I eat when I wake up and then eat again mid-morning, then lunch, then mid-afternoon, then dinner, then evening... it's awesome :drinker:
  • tedsmama
    tedsmama Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. If I force myself to eat breakfast I'm starving all day. I eat when I am hungry and that just happens to be around 1pm.
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, OP. I was always starving after eating breakfast (and that was even after switching to a very high protein/fat one of plain greek yogurt and hard boiled eggs). Now I don't eat till noon and feel MUCH better for it.

Obviously it doesn't work for everyone, as seen by others posts. So if it works for you, keep doing it!
  • Jewbe
    Jewbe Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Read the comment at the bottom of this article for the laugh of your day.

I tried reading that article but dang his writing style put me to sleep. He tries to sound smart but is just filling space rather than getting to the point. Also I did go back & read the very last comment which is troll level 10+++ LOL.

I think I am just going to skip breatfast for right now. When I do eat break fast it is usually eggs, fruit or yogrut but I decided these blueberry muffins looked too good to pass up so I ate half.
  • Jewbe
    Jewbe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, OP. I was always starving after eating breakfast (and that was even after switching to a very high protein/fat one of plain greek yogurt and hard boiled eggs). Now I don't eat till noon and feel MUCH better for it.

Obviously it doesn't work for everyone, as seen by others posts. So if it works for you, keep doing it!

I love eggs and Greek yogurt! But I find I'm not really hungry in the morning before I go to work. I usually get hungry around 10-11 AM. Which I might as well wait to lunch to eat something because by then it curbs my lunch apatite which I want to eat my whole lunch if possible so I can eat dinner later than earlier.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I've found if I eat breakfast I'm hungry all day long, if I wait until the afternoon I feel great all day. It works well for me, trying to eat every couple hours was a nightmare. I want 1 or 2 large meals and dessert and I'm very content.

So I wake up have my coffee around 1 or 2 I have something or if I know we're going out to dinner I just wait and eat 1 meal. Hasn't slowed my weight loss at all.
  • mereniecrosby
    Options
    I followed all that advice and could not drop weight. Now I try to maintain at least a 12 hour fast from night to eating the next day and finally I am dropping weight! I am trying to put fewer calories in my body and when i do making sure they are good ... not sugar and garbage food and finally results ... about 2 inches of waist in 1.5 weeks... I don't own a scale... but I can tell. I am feeling better too.. go figure.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Today my breakfast looks huge but I ate late so it was more brunch ... I will have dinner and a couple snacks to fill up the rest - no lunch.
  • Betty_Rubble
    Betty_Rubble Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but I am STARVING in the morning - hungry as soon as I get out of bed! I eat as soon as I'm done with my morning activities (shower, dressing, hair, getting lunches together). I usually throw together a smoothie, both with high protein and high carbs.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Its fairly common & as already pointed out an IF schedule for eating might work great for you. I know its been one of the beat things I have done.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, I am always hungrier all day long when I eat breakfast. Which is why I rarely eat breakfast. Sometimes on the weekend if I know I'm going to be really active I will eat something in morning, but most days I just wait till I get hungry to eat.

I've been up since 6:30 a.m., it's 1:47 p.m. right now and I'm just now about to eat for the first time. I am hungriest in the evenings so that's when I eat.
  • rosie7693
    rosie7693 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Me too, eating breakfast at 7.45am always makes me starving by around 11am. I always thought it was because eating breakfast starts your metabolism so that means your body starts burning fuel, so therefore you need more a few hours later. I overheard someone (overweight) say the other day I'm going to skip breakfast to kickstart my metabolism, and I thought you have got it all wrong. It's always been very obvious to me that those who skip breakfast are more likely to be overweight than those who have a breakfast.