How effective are belly bands?

I bought a belly band and have used it in my exercise routines for the last week, only a few days after using it DH told me that he noticed a difference in my belly already. Could it really work that quick? BTW, I gained 60 lbs when pregnant of which I had only lost 10 of a year later, also I had a c-section so I do have quite a flap there.

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Internet searches have resulted in a piece of clothing called belly band, is this what you are talking about?
  • Ahh...that nice flap after the c-section. I guess it's not just me. I still have it and I hate it!! What exactly is this belly band? I don't think I've heard of it.
  • I am thinking it must just be your eating right and such... because I can't see how that would do much otherwise. You can't spot remove fat.
  • Smores18
    Smores18 Posts: 119 Member
    Sorry, I don't know if it's actually called that. If you go to the exercise section at Wal-Mart they have them, it's just a band that velcros around your belly for when you exercise. It's supposed to help you burn off stomach fat quicker. The main reason I'm using it is to help diastasis close, which most women get while pregnant.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    It's supposed to help you burn off stomach fat quicker.

Sorry to tell you this, but there is no way to spot remove fat. No matter what the product, no matter what it claims, its just to get you to buy it. You cannot chose where to lose fat from.

Trust me, i wish we could!
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    I have one...I don't know about making the fat go away but it makes me sweat more:sad: ......and I know I can't pick wher the fat comes from...maybe it's a mind over matter thing.
  • Smores18
    Smores18 Posts: 119 Member
    Yeah, I've definitely noticed that my stomach muscles feel the burn more when I use it. I just realized something else though. If a person has diastasis the only way to make that 'stomach flap' go away is by getting rid of the diastasis first, or surgery (lol). Maybe that since I bought the belt to help my diastasis go away it's actually working and it's just allowing me to lose the flap...
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    It effectively makes you suck your stomach muscles in, which helps tightens your core.

I just make sure my stomach muscles are sucked in when exercising and it does the same thing!
  • auggies
    auggies Posts: 5
    I've been looking for a belly band to use when I'm working out, specifically Zumba. All of the jumping, bouncing and movements makes my overweight stomach flab jiggle that it actually pulls muscles and hurts. I've thought about using the pregnancy belly bands but I'm not sure they would work right for a non-pregnant body (haven't been pregnant for 19 years).
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    I'm too cynical to believe in the belly band. :noway:
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    The waist trimmer belt will not help you achieve targeted fat loss. It may help with your core (as previously mentioned) and help to improve your posture.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    I've been looking for a belly band to use when I'm working out, specifically Zumba. All of the jumping, bouncing and movements makes my overweight stomach flab jiggle that it actually pulls muscles and hurts. I've thought about using the pregnancy belly bands but I'm not sure they would work right for a non-pregnant body (haven't been pregnant for 19 years).

Shapers! I have the same problem and recently tried jogging with a shaper (a cheapo version of Spanx) under my workout clothes and the difference was amazing.
  • I will say this much of them they help to keep your love handles warm while working out rather than them being ice cold and in turn warm fat means better blood flow and blood flow is essential for fat loss so in a sense you can spot reduce there is studies that support spot reduction and the reason for our trouble spots to go last or not even go away at all is due to lack of you guessed it good blood flow to stubborn fat areas so keep them areas warm during a workout and you will see results i have n it is not water weight because i drink a ton of water a day but thats just my two cents