motivation wearing thin....

Options
I need some advice. This is probably the millionth go around with weight loss for me. I am not that far into the journey and my motivation is leaving me. I work with a personal trainer who is amazing and I make it to my sessions but I am having a hard time going to the gym on non-training days and eating how I should. What do you do to keep motivation up? TIA

Replies

• MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Think of the reasons why you are doing this. Talk to someone who is going through the same thing and explain why you are doing this. Just verbally talking about it will get you back on your feet.
  • Sery18
    Sery18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You have to WANT it! Ask yourself these questions: How bad do you want to lose weight? Why do you want to lose weight? Why do you want to eat better? What inspires you? What do you enjoy doing for exercise? Do you have a work out pal that will encourage you?
    I've been using MFP for almost a year and I really enjoy it! It makes me aware of what I put into my body and what I need to do to keep the 50 pounds off that I have lost. I feel better all the way around! I feel guilty if I skip a work out! It's almost like a "high" once you find things that you enjoy and that can keep you interested!
    Friend me if you'd like:) good luck!
  • harley_rose
    Options
    I believe we all go thru this but you do need to remember the final goal you want to achieve. Is it to get health, or fit into that swimsuit, or to feel fit and trim as others your age? You must define this before setting out on your new lifestyle then your motivation will remain with you to drive you to your goal
  • PaulaRicco
    PaulaRicco Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I think there are a lot of people out there who feel this way.

It's definitely hard to stay motivated on such a long journey. But that's really what it is - a journey! And each day is one more step on that journey towards your goal. So my advice is take one day at a time. Decide what you will do TODAY to be healthy. Many mornings I lay in bed and go over some affirmations in my head for the day - "Today, I will go to the gym", "Today, I will make healthy food choices", etc. Just make sure they are affirmations about what you WILL do, not what you won't do. Starting the day off on a positive note seems to work for me.

Put yourself first. You deserve it.