I struggle with eating a lot of protein

Options
So I've been lifting weights since August I can't take supplements yes including whey do to my medical issues under strict doctors orders. Anyway protein always been a big struggle for me. I'm the kind of guy who just can't eat 8 eggs in a day or 3 chicken breast per day.

I'm a carb guy pure and simple I'm a healthy eater but I know it a high protein diet that helps your muscles.

What can I do about this I eat probably 100 grams of protein a day from different sources not just meat.

But it still a struggle for me I'd like to be able to get my protein level to 300 per day.

But what can I do?

I'm an ectomorph by the way gone from 90lbs to 110lbs.

Replies

• Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    You can drink protein shakes if that makes it easier....

1.5 cups whole milk = 12g
    2 scoops 100% whey protein = 54g
    2 tbsp peanut butter = 8g

74g protein in 1 protein shake. you can have 2 a day. Add cocoa to one and a banana to another to switch it up.
  • michail71
    michail71 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You weigh 110 lbs and are male (judging by profile name)? How old and tall are you?

With strength training a goal of 1 g per lbs is typical. My minimum goal is 180 but I sometimes get as much as 200~200.

Eggs really aren't a great source of protein for quantity. They'd fill you up long before you'd get much.

How about casein, pea or beef based protein mixes? Soy isn't the best source to use.

Whey is like any other source of food. Why is it your doctor is restricting its use?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/926789-protein-sources

Also, if you like spending a lot of money, there are breads and other products made with extra protein. Example:
    https://p28foods.com/
  • tyrsnbdr
    tyrsnbdr Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of nuts. Buy stock in the type you like, cause you are going to increase thier business.