Runner trying to lose 20#s.

Options
Hi everybody. I'm an active 30's lady looking for a few buddies to keep me company in my effort to lose about 20 lbs. I love running & cycling but in the summer I add kayaking/orienteering/hiking to the mix. If you love being active and aren't too dogmatic about it all maybe we'd be good MFP pals?

Replies

• Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm in my early 40's and enjoy running. Right now I'm training for a half marathon and will be running a 10k later this month. In the summer I'll be running less so I can spend time biking & kayaking. Where do you like to kayak? I'm pretty lucky to be close to Lake Huron :).
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm early 40s and a newbie runner. Did my first 5K last fall and am training for a 10K this spring. I play hockey 2-4X a week, and have started cross-country skiing this winter. For the summer, I'm planning to do 2 sprint triathlons. I live in a major city (Toronto), and try to get out of town every weekend I can - especially in the summer to the cottage and/or camping.

I eat regular food you can buy at any grocery store (the fresh stuff; not so much processed/prepared) and I do enjoy a drink..or three…when I can fit it into my calories. So far, I've lost over 70 pounds and I'm in my last 10-15, so I'm doing *something* right!

Feel free to add me if I sound like a good fit to your style. I log daily and try to comment as often as i can. Cheers!
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You can add me I am in my mid 30s and love to run, will run my first half marathon in March of this year. I am also trying to lose about 20lbs
  • needtogetfit932
    Options
    Hey, I love running, too! Add me if you want.
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I an adult onset runner, myself! Always enjoy adding more runners to my circle of MFP friends!
  • Spikethered
    Options
    I run a fair bit too, so please feel free to add me :)
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm Jess, been a 10K runner for about 2 years now, but messed up my knee and im just getting back into it again.
    My main workouts now are Kettlebell and body weight workouts.

I'm more than happy to have some new friends!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner feel free to add me
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Hi There - I'm a runner in my early 50's. I'm running my 8th or 9th half marathon in two weeks (i've lost count) and just came off my first full marathon last fall.

I also live by the ocean and love kayaking and stand up paddleboarding.

Feel free to add me if you wnat :-)
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a runner and half marathon addict. I have run 26 half marathons and I currently have 5 on the calendar for this spring. I will be turning 30 later this year.
  • karokaroline
    Options
    Hi, trying to lose 20 also, Go to gym between 3 to 4 times a week, sometimes I run in the treadmill, I just sign up today to track calories and giving it my all. You could add me if you want. :)
  • marnybonte
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. I sent friend requests to you all. If I missed anybody it wasn't intentional!