kinda discouraged i feel like a yoyo

Options
so ive been doing awesome calorie counting and stuff for 3 weeks so far and i had lost 9 pounds and was down to 199 and then today hop on the scale and weigh 202 :noway: after ive been working my *kitten* of with insanity and the gym what the hell :grumble:

Replies

• tesshaney
    tesshaney Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Could be sodium/water retention. Dont sweat it. Its normal. It happened to me a few weeks ago (I gained 3 lbs) and then I weighed again a few days later and lost 4lbs.
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    Don't be discouraged, just keep doing what you're doing. I know we tend to want our results quick and in a timely manner, but sometimes it's just not so. You are not a yoyo you are just human, and our bodies do some strange things sometimes. the next time you hop on a scale you may be surprised and see even more weight loss, it fluctuates. i'm learning that the hard way as well. At the end of the day........you are being kind to your body with exercise and good eating. Don't let discouragement throw you off your game! hugs
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Did you weigh at the same time of day. I always weigh in the morning first thing. Same time every day with no cloths. If you weigh later in the day it could vary by 2 to 3 pounds. Cloths can weigh that alone. Also after you eat it changes. Other than that things happen and it will vary. Don't sweat it. I'm sure your doing well. maybe cut back on salt or carbs if you are eating those.
  • delacombo
    Options
    Water retention and/or gained a little muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    That happened to me in my second week of Power 90. It was all water. I gained 2.5 lbs in 2 days lol. Lost it all plus more 2 days later. Could tell I was retaining water cause my ring was a bit snug. This is common when starting up a new program and your muscles repair.
  • claire0928
    claire0928 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I had basically the exact same thing too. I stayed up for about a week and now this morning it just dropped back down below where I was a week ago. Weird. I've given up trying to figure out why. Just keep doing the right things and eventually the scale will get there.
  • ToadallyHIS
    Options
    don't get discouraged. It is likely sodium, water retention, you may have lost inches but gained muscle mass. Remember that working out can cause a gain, but its a good gain. I bet if you weighed half way through the week those extra pounds will be gone.

It can be discouraging when you know you've done EVERYTHING right, that is when you examine it and if YOU KNOW THAT YOU KNOW THAT YOU KNOW, don't sweat it. We all have those weeks that we go "what on earth?" those are the weeks you push yourself harder and focus on the way you feel and remind yourself that you are more than a number on the scale.
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up! Drink more water. And remember if you keep working hard you will get where you want to be soon enough. Not tomorrow by any means but just keep thinking about where you will be in a years time. Next Thanksgiving when you are with your family you will look like a brand new you! even before that. Thats what I am holding on to! Just keep pushing through!
  • alibur85
    alibur85 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Someone posted this today: http://marckent.com/288/why-the-scale-lies/

it helped so much! I was so pumped up to weigh myself today because I ate under my calories yesterday and busted my butt in a power walk. GAINED A POUND & A HALF?!?! Then I remembered, i didn't drink as much water yesterday, ... So I stood in my mirror wearing a shirt that was too tight two weeks ago and told myself that I did great yesterday and I can see the results in the mirror, the scale doesn't have to tell me I did good! And coming from my low self esteem, this is a big step.
  • clairebeej
    Options
    Don't let it get you down. The scale isn't as accurate as you think and your body fluctuates constantly. If you keep weighing in at a specific day and time consistently you will eventually see your number go down and down and down.

I have been feeling the same way lately, haven't seen a real loss in 3 months :( I just read this and it made me feel better though:

It took years for you to get to the weight you are now. It’s going to take some time for the weight to come off. Plus, an overnight diet overhaul can set you up for failure and make it easy to become discouraged.

“To successfully lose weight, you have to look at how you eat now, analyze it, and make necessary, gradual changes that reduce your calorie intake,” Gans says. “To keep pounds off permanently, you must incorporate these new, healthy behaviors into your daily routine so they become a natural part of your life.”
  • sayuri1
    sayuri1 Posts: 111
    Options
    maybe it's water weight? Try working out with a sauna suit, remember to stay hydrated though!!
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Water retention and/or gained a little muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat.

sorry lol but a pound of fat and a pound of muscle weight the same; muscle is more dense and takes up less room xD