Diet Pills

Options
Before MFP I was a notorious snacker but mostly healthy stuff though like fruits/ veggies and nuts. apple with peanut butter, pistachios, greek yogurt, and cashews were my favorite but those quickly added up to 2000+ calories alone. So i started taking hoodia from GNC and now I eat maybe 1100-1300 per day not including my workout calories. my fear is that I may become dependent on them is that possible?

Replies

• tacey21
    tacey21 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    A lot of people would be of the opinion that you should NOT use diet pills.

However...
    If you do decide to keep taking them, make sure you do it responsibly and use it only as a tool, not a solution.

Replace all your snacks with raw veggies and hummus. Portion out your daily hummus and snack away. :)
    When I did this, my skin was AMAZING. (Skin absorbs water easier from water-rich veggies than actual water... who knew!)
  • iamdesiderata
    iamdesiderata Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    im just afraid of what happens when you stop taking them - you should learn to eat 1100 to 1300 cals (at least) a day, not because you're taking a pill. because now, once you discontinue taking it, you might keep eating the way you're used to eating and steadily gain back the weight you lost.

be careful with that stuff, i used it, and liked the results, but the aftermath left me right back to where i started,