Lunch Ideas (Low Cal & Low Sodium)

Options
2»

Replies

• jbqueen
    jbqueen Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I make stuffed green peppers on Sunday and have 6 peppers for the week. It takes just two minutes to reheat them and they're delicious and low calorie. Found it on sparkpeople (http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=728023):

6 large green peppers
    1 lb ground turkey
    2 tbsp chopped onion
    1 cup cooked rice
    1/8 tsp garlic salt
    1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce [I use Prego Traditional instead]
    1 tsp. salt [I omit this]

*Preheat oven to 350 F

*Cut thin slice from stem of each pepper; remove guts and rinse

*Cook peppers 5 minutes in enough boiling water to cover, drain [I don't do this; makes the peppers too soft, IMO]

*Cook and stir onion and turkey in skillet until turkey is light brown; drain

*Stir in rice, salt, garlic salt, and 1 cup tomato sauce; heat though

*Stuff each pepper with turkey mixture; stand upright in greased 8x8x12 baking dish

*Pour remaining sauce over peppers

*Cover and bake 45 minutes

*Uncover, bake 15 minutes longer
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Those sound yummy too! Unfortunately me and green peppers don't agree!
  • kianaik
    kianaik Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I often eat the Knorr soups that come in the carton, really easy to bring that and a bowl to work and they are super filling! They are a bit high in sodium, but I don't eat much else with sodium so it doesn't add up for me so it will depend on how you eat the rest of the day. Other than that it's leftovers or a Tuna sandwich with carrots and egg whites (cooked) mixed in, helps keep you fuller and adds more protein :wink:
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BughaBear
    Options
    Bump for later some really good ideas
  • mybutterflower
    mybutterflower Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later :smile:
  • daniraebug
    daniraebug Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Mesmereyes
    Mesmereyes Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tracyts
    tracyts Posts: 113
    Options
    bumping :love:
  • numberscolors
    Options
    bump:heart:
  • abigailmagoo23
    Options
    what does bump mean???? Dont mean to sould like an idiot but.... ?
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    People 'bump' when they want to save it in "MY Topics" so they can come back later. ;)
  • turbojanem
    Options
    leftovers from healthy dinners at home.
    or...a Shakeology. you can mix it in the shaker cup. only 140 calories. add a piece of fruit and you are good to go! message me for recipe ideas.
    Jane
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I like to get the Starkist Tuna Lunch To Go packs, bring 2 slices of bread and a laughing cow cheese wedge. Make the tuna, and instead of putting it on the crackers that come in the lunch pack, put it on the bread and make it a sandwich. Then use the cheese wedge on the crackers. It is a great little meal.

The tuna pack is either 220 or 240 cals (I forget), the cheese wedge isn't much and the bread is easy to calculate too.
  • mhowe86
    mhowe86 Posts: 37
    Options
    Very easy, quick lunch/snack. I don't know how low you need your lunch to be. You could play with this recipe if it's too low in calories.

Pizza Roll-Up:

1 high fiber tortilla (like La Tortilla brand)
    2 T pizza sauce (or less)
    1 wedge Laughing Cow cheese (garlic & herb flavor)
    Turkey Pepperoni (I usually use 1/2 serving)

Spread sauce and cheese on tortilla, top with pepperoni, roll it up & microwave about 30 seconds and you have a quick little pizza roll! I'm guessing - but, with the ingredients I use - it runs about 160 calories. Pair it with some veggies....or baked chips. The extra fiber in the tortilla will fill you up more than you think!

Let me know if you try it!

This sounds amazing! Trying it ASAP!