5'5 170 pounds!!

hi, i am 5'5 and weigh 170....i also workout 2- 3 times a week with a trainer (burning anywhere from 400 - 700 calories) and 2- 3 times a week have a volleyball practice (burning anywhere from 1500 -2000 calories). If I eat 1600 calories a day could i get down to 130 by the end of the year?

Replies

• morganrreed
    morganrreed Posts: 6 Member
    does anyone think this is possible???
  • meribethd
    meribethd Posts: 92 Member
    40 lbs in a year? It's possible, yes. You'd need to be pretty consistent with the 1 lb weekly weight loss, which gets harder the closer you get to your goal.
  • morganrreed
    morganrreed Posts: 6 Member
    do you think my calorie limit is okay???
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    This link I'm giving is nice to play around with TDEE- (some percentage) and tells how many lbs are estimated to be lost in a year.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

A commonly recommended general percentage to knock off TDEE is 20%, but you can easily choose others there and see how they come out.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    I'm 5'6. I started at 231 on August 1st. I lost 45lbs by December 31st. However, since December 31st I have only lost 2lbs. The slimmer you are the slower the weight comes off. I'm *hoping* to finish the year with a healthy BMI--which will be when I hit 154lbs so, I have 30 more pounds to go.