Ear warmers for running

Options
I'm training for a half marathon so I'm doing a lot of running outside. I have an ear warmer headband right now (not sure what brand) that doesn't stay on my ears/head very well, especially when I'm running with ear buds in. I would love some suggestions for things that have worked for fellow runners, whether it's an ear warmer headband or something comparable.

Also, hats don't work very well for me because I wear my pony tail up high and my hair is so long that wearing it inside a hat is either too big or the hairs sits on my neck which isn't comfortable for me while running.

Replies

• hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I have some simple ones from UnderArmour that stay in place and wick sweat too. I have no idea where or when I got them but they work. I don't like hats either just because as I warm up I can move the earwarmers around to cool off where as a hat blocks all the excess heat I build up.
  • happypillow
    happypillow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    John Lewis have ear Warner's for men with earphones built in. They are reduced to £5 in the sales at the mo. The men's ear Warner's fit around the back of the head rather than the top so great if you wear a cycling helmet.
  • cyork10
    cyork10 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was actually looking at some under armour ones from ****'s the other day. They're a little expensive, but if they stay on then I'm sure they'd be worth it.
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    They do make running hats with a hole for your ponytail. I have one that I got at Road Runner Sports (they are online as well). I tend to just wear a baseball hat and wear a top with a hood because I run in the morning and headlights blind me.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    A buff? You know, those cylinders if light cloth that can be used as neck earners, headbands, scarves etc. very versatile.
  • stplatt
    stplatt Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I''m Cheap. Every winter I usually go to the Dollar store and pick up one of those glove/headwarmer sets. Don't wear the gloves for running, I get the cheap one-size-fits-all black gloves from the dollar store. One pair, two pair if it is cold. Works for me.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    They do make running hats with a hole for your ponytail. I have one that I got at Road Runner Sports (they are online as well). I tend to just wear a baseball hat and wear a top with a hood because I run in the morning and headlights blind me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002X7OYIC/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1