Quick and super easy healthy "dirty rice" With pic

Options
cinicxo
cinicxo Posts: 40 Member
Ingredients:

- 1lb Ground beef (I tend to use 80/200)
- Green and red bell peppers, 1 of each
- 1 servings (2/3 cups cooked) of cooked Brown rice
- Salt, pepper, and any seasonings you like for your ground beef, I like Johnny's seasoning salt

Directions:

1. Brown your ground beef and drain any excess oil if you have too much left
2. While your ground beef is cooking cut up your bell peppers into bite size pieces, I only used half of each in the picture below
3. Once ground beef is cooked add bell peppers and let them cook until about half way tender (a few minutes)
4. Add your cooked rice and seasonings to taste and stir, let it cook for about 1 or 2 mins

It's so good and literally no work or time spent at all making it. It's just something I came up with one day. My niece said it reminded her of dirty rice so I'm just going to go with it. Enjoy :smile:

tumblr_mpwlneimN61qi082io1_1280_zpsdbf01b2e.jpg

Replies

• Omakitkat
    Omakitkat Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Mom_Ellis
    Mom_Ellis Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump bump bump:happy:
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    this sounds good . I am going to tweak flavors with adding onions,garlic
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Looks tasty, thanks for the share!

I might toss in some tomatoes and turn it into Spanish rice like my Mom made when we were little. <3
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    cinicxo wrote: »
    Ingredients:

- 1lb Ground beef (I tend to use 80/200)
    - Green and red bell peppers, 1 of each
    - 1 servings (2/3 cups cooked) of cooked Brown rice
    - Salt, pepper, and any seasonings you like for your ground beef, I like Johnny's seasoning salt

Directions:

1. Brown your ground beef and drain any excess oil if you have too much left
    2. While your ground beef is cooking cut up your bell peppers into bite size pieces, I only used half of each in the picture below
    3. Once ground beef is cooked add bell peppers and let them cook until about half way tender (a few minutes)
    4. Add your cooked rice and seasonings to taste and stir, let it cook for about 1 or 2 mins

It's so good and literally no work or time spent at all making it. It's just something I came up with one day. My niece said it reminded her of dirty rice so I'm just going to go with it. Enjoy :smile:

tumblr_mpwlneimN61qi082io1_1280_zpsdbf01b2e.jpg

It looks delicious!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Looks like a faster and simpler version of this recipe, which I really like but don't always have the time or ingredients to make - thanks! :)
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Super yummy! I do something similar when strapped for time. Also makes yummy leftovers for the next day :wink:
  • nissarayna
    nissarayna Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Looks delish except I would swap out the peppers for other veggies as I really don't like peppers, I haven't eaten ground beef in a while, I may have to now and I have 30 portioned servings of rice and about same of 93% beef in freezer! Yum!
  • gambygirl
    gambygirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Chicken or turkey us great also
  • KaleChipz
    KaleChipz Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this with ground turkey and leftover quinoa instead of rice. Thanks for the idea
  • EricExtreme
    EricExtreme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I will try that with my 98% lean ground beef sans the peppers