My Journey - Loss & NSVs

Options
Mommybug2
Mommybug2 Posts: 149 Member
I so love the Success Stories board and honestly never really thought I would be here posting my own story. Especially not until I was in maintenance but here I am ready to share. I really wish I hadn't deleted every progress picture I took along the way but I could never bring myself to keep them on my phone as I just HATED every single one of them and they depressed me so.

A little over 1 year ago I said to myself "I will lose this weight" speaking at the time of the weight I gained during my pregnancy with my son. I'd always been a bit overweight and as I aged I had learned to accept that I would never be a tiny person. I was OK with being an average size 12 and was determined to get back into my clothes (so much so I wore maternity clothes for 7 months after he was born). In September I finally got back to a normal BMI, I was once again in my size 12s. When I started this journey I thought this is where I would stop and resume my normal unhealthy lifestyle after all I had been here so many times before.

But something was different this time. Something had clicked that had never clicked before. This wasn't simply "a diet". I felt better and stronger then I had in years and I knew I had it in me to keep going and to actually get healthy and not settle with what I had accepted to be "my size". Now 4 months after hitting my original goal I am still at it and I have lost 72 lbs, my size 12s are falling off. I have seriously been avoiding shopping, I am way to cheap to buy "in between" sizes so I was trying to hold off until I was in single digit clothing but last week I caught my reflection in a mirror and realized I look like a clown my pants are so baggy (buy hey they weren't falling off so it works right)?

So last weekend I broke down and hit the mall. Armed with a few 10s I started for the dressing room - on second thought I grabbed a pair of size 8 pants thinking I just wanted to see how close I was to fitting in them. To my dismay the 10s were too big so I went for the 8s also too big. Really? No Way? So I went back out and got a size 6 and for the first time since oh probably junior high they slipped right past my knees, over my thighs and actually buttoned! For the first time I can remember I actually enjoyed trying on clothes. I wore them to work the next day and when I caught my reflection I actually turned my head to see who was walking near me because I didn't even recognize my own shape anymore :)

Replies

• jillybean_75
    jillybean_75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    What a great story of your weight loss and NSV's in the fitting room, much less the mirror reflection. Way to go!!! Be proud of your great accomplishment!
  • scjl132
    scjl132 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a fun story to read!:smile:
  • Mommybug2
    Mommybug2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    OK I managed to scrape up a couple of pictures (my sister loves posting bad pictures of me on Facebook LOL).

0d4aa0d0-e190-4ab0-ae8d-4c598274df28_zps9a2170c7.jpg
    Before 216

40846c74-d710-4471-9ad9-29609cf8b4ce_zps047be2b9.jpg
    During @175

207518_1025994263300_2286_n_zpsc44c5bf8.jpg

207518_1025994263300_2286_n_zpsa5328927.jpg

photo_zps52b9599c.jpg
    Last week Size 12 pants (the tightest size 12s I owned I thought they were going to fit fine when I put them on).

ETA: Fixed image tags :)
  • KateEMD
    KateEMD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love your story! I have lost some weight and have been holding off trying on new clothes because I am frugal with my money as well. I kind of want to go shopping now that I have read your story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!