When was your last straw that made you want to change?

Options

Replies

• lpshizza
    lpshizza Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Got my engagement pictures and was really unhappy with the way I looked. I said no way will I be saying that about my wedding photos :)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rymincks
    rymincks Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I went to go try on a tux for my best friends wedding last May and told my friends that I was going to lose weight before the wedding... well long story short I ended up gaining even more weight and had to get bigger pants for the wedding. After the wedding my friend put up all of the pictures on their walls and seeing myself, bigger than i've ever been before, was my last straw. I was tired of telling people that I was going to lose weight and decided that it was time to follow through. Three months into the "diet" and i've lost 20 pounds and down 3 inches on my waist. Every time I go to their house and see those pictures it motivates me to keep going and how far i've come in only the last 3 months.
  • Sarahmarshwiggle
    Sarahmarshwiggle Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I ended up having an extremely quick labour with my daughter and gave birth in the car, it was massively stressful on my huge body and I went in to shock the next day whilst climbing the stairs holding her. It frightened me so much thinking about the what ifs. Then seeing the picture of me that's in my profile pic sealed the deal, DIET!
  • Oodlez
    Oodlez Posts: 13
    Options
    I know it sounds stupid but my last boyfriend cheating on me was the last straw for me. But I'm not doing it FOR him I'm doing it BECAUSE of him. After all that I was highly depressed. It's been 3 months and just last week I snapped myself out of it and told myself that some obvious changes need made.

I mean there was more added on top of that but you asked the last straw ;P and even though I signed up in December I haven't started using it until now because now the real motivation is in and I'm ready (:
  • leogal14
    leogal14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am an emotional eater. Have been all my life. My husband died suddenly 4 years ago and I have eaten my way up the scale to deal with my grief and loneliness! I have gained 25 pounds and it has to stop! I am determined to lose the 25 pounds and feel better. It's a new year, so I MUST do this!
  • monica_reinert
    monica_reinert Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I was at a family birthday party. One of the kids at the party said 'wow you really are fat". That did it for me. It took a comment from a 6 year old to light a fire inside me!
  • ritabrienfit
    ritabrienfit Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had engagement photos taken with my ex-fiance and hated the way I looked. Then my grandmother died and I realized I wasn't living my life because of my weight. So I decided to get rid of my excuses for not living - first the weight, then the ex :happy:
  • j0705
    j0705 Posts: 185
    Options
    When i seen the moulin rouge night out pics on my profile.. i walked around a city centre collecting for charity in a basque, stockings and heels all night and some f the comments were bad but i laughed them off but when i seen the pics published online from the pubs i was discusted with my size.
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    2 yrs ago my significant other wanted to break up. Even though ultimately it had nothing to do with my weight I felt that if I lost weight she would love me again. As it turns out she never stopped loving me we were just going through some difficult times. We worked through it and I am 70 lbs lighter. Now I am doing it for me.
  • tom0018
    tom0018 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I got on the scale and saw the biggest number I had ever seen, along with buying pants in a waist size I never imagined. Well, that and having to come up for air when I cut my toenails. Something's gotta give!
  • ladyblueeyes1959
    Options
    After I turned 30, I started gaining weight, and I've struggled with my weight since then. I'm now almost 55 years old and I'm tired of losing the same 30, 40 pounds over and over again. Also, I went to the doctor last week and was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes - so now I have to make some major lifestyle changes.
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    When I had to buy a a size 20 in pants. Wasn't going to do that.
  • juiielynn92458
    Options
    Amen on the toe nails!!
  • noluckducky15
    noluckducky15 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    When my boyfriend (at the time) cheated on me with my best friend. And then after a week of depressed eating, stepping on the scale and seeing I now weighed more than i did when i was 9 months pregnant with my daughter. Made the change and never looked back!
  • Skinnydesirs
    Options
    When the scales almost hit a number I never wanted to be and the realization that I was out of control and completely in denial. Having a skinny boyfriend helped although he's now an ex. At least I can thank him for making me not want to be the fat girl with a skinny boy!
  • l_ashley
    l_ashley Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    When nosy people at my church started a rumor that I was pregnant....then had the audacity to ask my dad about it. If I ever find out who had the cajones to do that, her and I will have to sit down and have a long "chat". :mad:
  • lmd_1979
    lmd_1979 Posts: 130
    Options
    Coming back form Maccy D's one Sunday and just feeling absolutely depressed.
  • kristinyoung62
    kristinyoung62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yep, I decided to check and i am one hair under (still "just"overweight!) so I think I will take your idea and use that as inspiration also! Good Luck to you!