I over ate today

Options
I went over my daily calories by 355. I don't really know why. I was tired, I had relatives visiting whom I haven't seen in 3 years. My Grandma brought me a homemade sweet potato pie (two but I left one at my mom's house) and I just at a fourth of it with some sugar free vanilla ice cream. I've also drank 2 glasses of wine.

What's sad is because I was GREAT through out the day. Just fell apart tonight.

This is the first time in a LONG time that I've eaten more than I should have.

Ironically, MFP said I would still lose 4lbs in 5 weeks if every day was like today...

Replies

• Jamariqui
    Jamariqui Posts: 43
    Options
    I went over my daily calories by 355. I don't really know why. I was tired, I had relatives visiting whom I haven't seen in 3 years. My Grandma brought me a homemade sweet potato pie (two but I left one at my mom's house) and I just at a fourth of it with some sugar free vanilla ice cream. I've also drank 2 glasses of wine.

Ironically, MFP said I would still lose 4lbs in 5 weeks if every day was like today...
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    If it has been a LONG time since you over ate, then you are ok. Don't beat yourself so much about it. Besides, who can turn down a homemade pie from Grandma and visiting with loved ones you have not seen in years?????? Tomorrow is a new day!!!! You can do it!!!

And, so you can feel better, I have been overeating for weeks now!!!! So you are not alone...

Best of luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    It's okay....
    We socialize around food, so it happens.
    Tomorrow is a fresh start and it's doesn't have to be the same as today if you don't want it to be.
  • Starr
    Starr Posts: 45
    Options
    Homemade sweet potato pie! Grandma! Enjoy the memories and move on to the next day. We all have a problem with over eating or we would not be here. :bigsmile:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh grandma's sweet potato pie!!! :tongue: that was sooo worth it! Especially when its only once in a while....you'll be just fine! mmmmm I bet it was soooooo delicious!!!

hugs!
    Ali
  • emmab3ar
    emmab3ar Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Dont worry i over ate many times before. Actually I was so bord this weekend that I wanted to eat all the food in the house. Lucky for me there was nothing yummy in the house. LOL!!! I need to join a gym.
  • DEATRISJONES
    DEATRISJONES Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: sweet potato pie, my favorite. I know what that's like, but I always need chips with my pie. lol.. anyway it's alway hard to be around family and friends and not eat what they are eating... but it's just one day.. keep trying. Hope you enjoyed the pie though, wish I had a piece.... but i'm holding on strong....
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    Options
    Girl...Grandma's sweet potato pie!!! It was sooooo worth it. Just dont' make a habit of this, and you will do just fine....we do socialize around food, so especially when family is in town it will be hard to stick to your limits....Don't even sweat it...at least you went over with something worth it...Last night I went over my calories with peanut butter crackers....I wasn't even paying attention, I was bored and watching a movie...and just kept spreading more PB on those crackers...LOL...I must have eating 3 servings, it put me over by 380 calories!!! But hey I learn...never sit in front of the TV with the whole box of crackers and jar of PB...LOL. You can do it girl.
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options

Things like this tend to happen but as long as it doesn't become habitual, you should be just fine. Clear the slate and start with a workout tomorrow morning, if feasible. That will jump start your metabolism from the comfort of sweet potato pie!
  • Dmprbst
    Dmprbst Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    UGH, I feel exactly how you feel, I over ate today too:frown: . And I feel nauseated over it, I want to cry! My husband is out of town and went to visit aaaand of course went out to eat...which put me over even though I was trying to eat small portions! doesn't' help when it's of bad stuff! Sorry to hear you had an off day. Tomorrow will be better.:smile:
  • Jamariqui
    Jamariqui Posts: 43
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the encoruagement!

I went out this morning and ran/walked 2.6 miles in 32 mins. So here's to a new day.

I have all my meals planned and I'm ready to go.

There is still pie in the fridge, but I'm going to take a day (or two) off from it!

:flowerforyou: