Best Tasting Protein Powders or Bars

Options
So I hate the taste of this vanilla protein powder that I bought last year. Are they all that disgusting? Have you found any you like the taste of? Good protein bars too?

Thanks
-Kristen :flowerforyou:

Replies

• EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    I like Think Thin bars. The creamy peanut butter bar has 20g of protein for a total 240 kcals. That's not a terrible ratio as protein bars go.

For powder I like Optimum Nutrition Whey, the strawberry and chocolate varieties to be precise. I'm not fond of their vanilla, but I have yet to find a vanilla powder I like at all.
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I picked the worst flavor because artificial vanilla is disgusting. I've gotta work up the courage to try a chocolate one now. Also the cookies and cream one sounds good. Is it?
  • afitbutterfly
    Options
    I love Think Thin protein bars.
    Luna bars are the best. They are an overall nutrition bar
    but offer protein bars too.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I like Spirutein vanilla powder (their other flavors are good too). My favorite bars are: Quest double chocolate chunk, Luna (lots of yummy flavors), FiberOne protein bars (caramel nut or coconut almond), Kellog's fiber plus protein bars, and South Beach diet snack bars (peanut butter or fudgy chocolate mint)
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    A lot of people on MFP seems to like Quest bars, and I agree--hadn't heard of them before MFP. They have more protein than most for way fewer calories. Love the double chocolate chunk and PB&J. For protein powder, I like Metabolic Reset.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I like the optimum nutrition double rich chocolate, the vanilla ice cream flavor, and the Dymatize banana cream and cookies n' cream flavors as far as protein powders go.

As far as bars i like the quest bar- strawberry cheesecake, lemon meringue pie, apple pie and PB&J flavors.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I love Delicious protein powder, esp the cookies and cream flavour
  • tincanlady
    tincanlady Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the Herbalife shakes...green mint chip...love it! Nutrition and protein...win win!!!
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I love Promasil Soft Serve Vanilla protein powder...makes a great base for any flavour protein shake, I like to add frozen strawberries or peaches. Yummy! There milk chocolate flavour is also really good. I find the cookies and cream too sweet.

Quest protein bars are great, both taste wise and nutrition wise...my favourite is the coconut cashew.

That should be "Their" not "there"...LOL!
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Now I really gotta try Quest bars. Never heard of them but I will look for em. :)
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    For protein powder I've always liked AllMax IsoFlex, some of their products have the real chunks of whatever flavor you picked 9chocolate has chocolate chips, strawberry has dried strawberry bits, etc) Their chocolate mint flavor I found very refreshing - was like drinking an After Eight almost and they also have a peanut butter flavor with chocolate chips so think Reese's. I'd stay away from vanilla flavored powders because they're boring and all depending on the brand can be outright nasty. Allmax also has a Natural line if you don't want artificial sweetener thoguh that line doesn't have as many flavor choices and they also have a Chiller/citrus line.

In terms of protein bars - Quest bars are pretty good, depending on what you get though some people are put off by the texture as some have weird textures. Smart For Life (20g protein and 20g carbs for most flavors and about 7g fat depending on the flavor). Promax reminds me a bit of a glorified chocolate bar... NuGo bars are also a great choice
  • ashbee03
    ashbee03 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Protein powder, I love isofemme strawberry fiesta, it's yummy. And not as gritty as others.