Weight lifting women...moms especially!

Options
Looking for weight lifting lady friends :) I'm a mom of three (young!) kids, I'm only 15 lbs away from the weight I'd be happy with but I am NOT happy with my body at all and I really want to cut out the cardio and use weights to sculpt my body into something I wouldn't be ashamed to show off at the pool.

I gained 80 lbs with each of my pregnancies, I always lost the weight but let's just say my stomach is not in great shape right now.

Replies

• msfitmom_3
    msfitmom_3 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey! I too am a momma of three (10, 5 & 2) -- I gained between 35 & 60lbs with each of them, however I was left with a very saggy, stretched out stomach as a result. I also have diastasis recti - but do not have the time nor the money to have it repaired yet.

I've also been incorporating more weights into my workout and cut out all my aerobics classes... I'm doing Zumba twice a week but I do HIIT, Kettlebell and weight machines throughout the week.

I am about 10-12lbs away from my goal weight...

I'd love to have another weight-lifting mom friend to help motivate each other along in our journeys!

Feel free to add me if you're still looking :)

Krystal
  • thepinkleprechaun
    Options
    Hey! I too am a momma of three (10, 5 & 2) -- I gained between 35 & 60lbs with each of them, however I was left with a very saggy, stretched out stomach as a result. I also have diastasis recti - but do not have the time nor the money to have it repaired yet.

I've also been incorporating more weights into my workout and cut out all my aerobics classes... I'm doing Zumba twice a week but I do HIIT, Kettlebell and weight machines throughout the week.

I am about 10-12lbs away from my goal weight...

I'd love to have another weight-lifting mom friend to help motivate each other along in our journeys!

Feel free to add me if you're still looking :)

Krystal

Definitely! It sounds like we are in a very similar situation :)
    I'm trying to get used to the idea that my stomach will never be exactly how I want it. I think I can make it look a lot better though.
  • driii123
    driii123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Me too! Just started lifting Jan. 1st with the StrongLifts 5x5 program. I have a 4, 3 and 1.5 year old. I am currently fine with my weight but want to get rid of this baby belly. Sending you both FR :)
  • shortdub
    shortdub Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    this thread is right on time! i feel the same way! i am a mommy of three, lost the pregnancy weight, but i am not feeling how i look at the moment. i started strength training, but i haven't done anything in almost two weeks! i saw this girl on IG and she showed a progress photo from week 1 to week 8! if i would just stick to my goal, i can have that too! my stomach is jacked up. no way of getting around that unless i get surgery. i really really don;t need to lose anymore weight, just need to get the flab in check.
  • KB5711
    KB5711 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hey there! I'm a mom of two and down to my last 15lbs...well 13 to go now as of this morning :) I'm currently lifting 3 days/week and doing cardio/HIIT two days. The weights have made a HUGE difference! I have very few friends who actively log anymore so feel free to add me!
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I'm not a mom of little ones anymore, they are teenagers, but I still have some work to do on the belly area, sigh. I'm about 10 lbs from what I think my weight goal should be, but I want to incorporate more weights into my workouts. I don't have a gym membership so I do everything in my living room. I'd love to have more mom friends with similar goals, so please add me!
  • terem00
    terem00 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
    I have 2 kids (10 and 13) and I have been lifting for 2 years now.
    I'm 11lbs from my goal weight but I'm not so much focused on that as I am losing inches faster than the number on the scale.
    I'm the exact same weight that I was a year ago but now I'm 2 sizes smaller !
  • Aiiryfairy
    Aiiryfairy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm a mum of 2 and been lifting since August last year. My weight hasn't been changing much but I'm MUCH smaller than when I started. :)
  • KiwipowaRoo
    KiwipowaRoo Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Looking forward to start lifting soon! Mama to 1 little girl :)
  • sophieamhaley
    Options
    Hey, reigniting this thread as I want to start lifting but have no idea to start, would like some like minded friends and also inspiration!

So please FR me if you are still going!
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am hoping to lose 15-20 pounds and also want to get into lifting.It seems there are so many benefits. Since I don't know where to start and have trouble getting to the gym I am going to try the Beachbody Body Beast Dvds. I also plan to read Strong lifts 5X5 for Women. I heard that it is a good program. I only have dumbbells at home though. I would love to hear about what programs others are doing and get some advice. FR me!
  • ericah971
    ericah971 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Mom of 2.. Ten pounds to lose but lots of sculpting to do as well! Getting into lifting weights and so far so good l. Add me for support if you'd like.
  • CoachPriscilla
    Options
    I have been a cardio addict for years but about a year ago I discovered weightlifting and I have to tell you I absolutely love it! I find that it's the only thing that really changes the shape of your body! Most of my friends think I'm crazy but I can't tell you enough how enjoyable it is and how strong I feel! I have completed 3 90 day rounds of ChaLean Exteme, I'm in the middle of Les Mills pump right now, and I've also done Piyo which has made a big improvement and flexibility and lean muscle. FR me. We've got this!
  • mommytoer
    Options
    I too am lifting weights! I do crossfit. I'd love it you ladies would add me! I need support! Thx!
  • lynnettepittam
    Options
    I have recently lost 75 pounds but have gained back 10. I would like to lose 30 more pounds. I started weight training and would like to do tough mudder in June so I need all the support I can get