Best machine for at home exercise?

Options
Hey all,
I am a busy stay at mom and have very little free time. I am looking into purchasing a piece of exercise equipment for at home use. We already have a weight bench and several sets of hand weights so I was thinking of something where I would be able to get cardio in like an elliptical or bike. Anyone have any experience with at home machines? I stay at home with my daughter so running outside isn't generally an option for most of the year when it's colder out. Nap times are my saving grace when it comes to exercise! Thanks in advance. :)

Replies

• trn4hungergames
    trn4hungergames Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello there!

I would suggest getting a bike, and then using a stationary bike stand for indoors! I just got mine, and I'm on it nearly every other day! And once it gets warmer, you can really enjoy your workouts and bike outside. For 30/60 bucks or so (less if it's used off ebay), its the cheapest cardio machine option around and multi-functional.

I'm not sure how old the kids are, but it would be great for them to grow into biking and be able to join you in the future!

This will not be your quietest option during nap time, but I think it is comparable to any elliptical or regular gym-bike. Also, I feel like it doesn't require a certain space to park it and take up room in your house. You can fold up a bike stand easy peasy, and park the bike elsewhere (basement, garage, shed, etc)-- you can't do that with an elliptical.

The first few times you may have a sore bum, which you wouldnt get on an elliptical, but you will quickly get over that (same with horseback riding)

Best of luck finding what fits you!
  • hf91
    hf91 Posts: 23
    Options
    What a great idea, thank you!