Can I roll unused calories over to the next day?

Options
2»

Replies

• Kriistabell
    Kriistabell Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I exercised like crazy today and have 500 calories left over after dinner. Can I tack these on to tomorrow's calorie allowance? :)

I've heard that your weekly calorie intake is actually more important than your daily intake. I think that's why the 5:2 diet works (not that I do it, but I know people who did and it worked for them).
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Unused calories die at midnight.

Really .. you can do whatever works for you. But myself .. I would just log them on the day of and just move on.
  • erulasse
    erulasse Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You need to remember that time is a man-made concept; your body doesn't care what time it is (hence all the late night snackers) it will store or use up calories over a period of time, not necessarily every 24 hours. Just try to stay at a deficit per week as a general rule and you should be fine.
  • LunaGreen
    LunaGreen Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I exercised like crazy today and have 500 calories left over after dinner. Can I tack these on to tomorrow's calorie allowance? :)

I've heard that your weekly calorie intake is actually more important than your daily intake. I think that's why the 5:2 diet works (not that I do it, but I know people who did and it worked for them).

^^ Also, This
  • GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I've been working on a weekly deficit for the last 4 months and have consistantly lost (51 pounds). As long as the scale goes down on a monday morning I am happy.
  • KPMP1992
    Options
    I've been working on a weekly deficit for the last 4 months and have consistantly lost (51 pounds). As long as the scale goes down on a monday morning I am happy.

That is great Geno!! Congratulations!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have done it the last 10 years and maintained my weight loss. Anyone telling you otherwise if full of it.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    You can only roll them over into your 401C account. At the end of the week, any unused calories become fat.
  • aspenwind
    aspenwind Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I do the opposite. If I happen to go over one day I take those calories off the next day. If I go way over somehow I'll divide it over a few days using quick add calories.
  • rachnh
    rachnh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Question to those of you who go by weekly calorie count, do you go by the calories consumed totals or by the net calories totals in your reports to make sure you're on target? I would assume to go by the net calories but you know what they say about assuming :)
  • Bonitacruz
    Options
    I like your advice, thanks for the encouragement!