HOW?!?

Options
With work just having stated again this week, moving into a new apartment, not being used to getting up early anymore, to tired in the evenings.... I have a lot on my plate at the moment. How can i squeeze in some exercise? When I'm done running around in the evening I am so tired and it is dark that I don't wan to go walk my dog anymore. In the mornings I switch off the alarm without waking up when it s not my usual get-up time. Any good ideas are welcome.

Replies

• leviclampitt
    Options
    What do you do for work? Can you squeeze in pushups, planks, squats, lunges, and thrusts at lunchtime?
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? What kind of exercise do you like to do?
  • Pheboh
    Pheboh Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You just have to. I was in the same boat in May - I just moved, started a new job and got on this kick. It was hard, but you just have to go for it and eventually you'll find the energy.

Take today for example. I went to bed around 2am, got up at 9, worked from 10 - 6, came home and cleaned for a bit, then did an intense circuit training workout, cleaned some more and prepped all my food for tomorrow and now I'm going to bed (at 1:15am). I did rest too, so it's not like I've been going non-stop, but it's been pretty steady.

Eventually it'll just come to you. It's getting over that first hump that's the hardest thing in the world.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Do a search for 'The Laundry Workout'. Sorry I don't know how to link you to it. Some very good ideas on there whilst doing everyday jobs
  • 1808kristin
    1808kristin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I work as a secretary in construction, the problem is that I have people running in and out of my office, also during lunch. So I can't exactly be doing sit-ups when a client comes in.
  • 1808kristin
    1808kristin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My new flat is quite big, maybe I should just go and by a jumping rope and some dumbbells. Saw an old punching bag lying around in my "store-room" (junk-room), you know: build a little home gym?
    Laundry workout? Will go look at that.
    My goals are 10 kg by end May.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Try some kettlebells if you are thinking of going that way. The exercise can be done in 20 to 30 mins and it sure gets to those muscles.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I work full time in an office, 45-50hrs a week. I have a young family to look after. However I still exercise 5 times a week for 1 - 1.5hrs each session. I get up at 4.25am some days to do it. No one can do it but you. If you want it you'll quit the excuses.
  • Arne_becomesxXx
    Arne_becomesxXx Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Hey,

try to have a look for zuska lights workouts on her hp or youtube.

Excellent 15-20 hard workouts that makes you burn!
  • sami_83
    sami_83 Posts: 161
    Options
    I am following the New Rules of Lifting for Women plan which means I am lifting weights about 3 times a week. Each session takes 25-30 minutes. 30 mins 3 times a week is totally doable :) the only hard bit is collecting enough weight plates to get started...
  • pusheen12
    pusheen12 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Start small; go big on Fri., Sat. & Sun. Then just do Wed., that's only one work night. Perhaps you can do it indoors, get a good workout video or join a gym. Good luck, exercise will feel great.
  • VoodooAborisha
    VoodooAborisha Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I got some Jillian Michaels DVD's - 30 day shred, ripped in 30, and they are a workout in just 20 minutes.

I don't have time or money to drive to a gym or a class, do the class, drive home. But there's always 20 minutes somewhere, and you just stick the DVD in. All you need is a couple of handweights.

If it weren't for those, I probably wouldn't have time to exercise either.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    We can all make excuses. Too tired cant get up etc. It comes down to will power in the end to you. We all have busy lives an hour is in reality only 6% of the day you are awake (if you get 8 hours sleep). Go to bed earlier get your workout gear set up and force yourself up in the morning an hour earlier. You'll thank yourself in the end. We all hate getting up but it's worth it in the end. Good luck
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    If you watch TV, quit doing that and exercise during that time instead.