I had to share how proud I am!

Options
I've been eating really healthy and being more active for over a week. I woke up yesterday morning and did my first weigh in. I lost 5.4 lbs in a week! That night, a friend brought over some beer and I love beer even though I rarely drink. I thought in my head a million reasons why it would be okay to drink....like I will only do it twice a year and things like that. Then I logged it in MFP and saw all of the calories added up to more than I had eaten the entire day! I told myself how guilty I would feel and how I should just give up alcohol all together until I get closer to my goal weight. Instead of drinking, I made a healthy dinner. I woke up this morning and made a healthy breakfast and am sooo glad I didn't give in!

Replies

• jadetigereyes
    jadetigereyes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the success! Small wins are what it's all about.

It really helps to have the tracker show empty calories - it's amazing what's in our food these days. Great job on staying on track!
  • daniellabella986
    daniellabella986 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Great job :)
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    You get it. A lot of people do not understand how to use guilt and regret, you apparently do, that's awesome. Logging has been the key to my weight loss, I should say, the ease of my weight loss. At the beginning, I seemed to be always over, then over time, I got all the facets under control, even Sodium. And, now, I think I am turning into a vegetarian, it's odd.

Keep up the good work.
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Well done! That's an awesome accomplishment! Keep it up!
  • bringingsexyback2007
    Options
    Thanks everyone! ????
  • lvbor
    lvbor Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That's certainly worth being proud of. Good on you!

I've started making a point of patting myself on the back (silently!) each time I make a good decision. It really reinforces the willpower and unexpectedly has shown me how often I used to habitually give into temptation.

Keep up the great work :)
  • truetarot1988
    truetarot1988 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!! People like you inspire me! Way to go!!