loss of circulation in finger tips

Options
Anyone else lose circulation in your finger tips after a work out?
My fingers have been losing all color and going cold and numb lately.
Any thoughts?
And I have been working out indoors.....

Replies

• itsmewendylee
    itsmewendylee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Definitely worthy of a doctor's visit. Could be a circulatory problem.
  • SunfireAngie13
    Options
    I have something similar...but was told it was Raynauld's Syndrome. I agree with a doctors visit to verify no underlying medical conditions.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Could be Reynoud's Syndrome (not sure I spelled that right). Basically, a screwed up reaction to hot and cold. I am OK when cold, but when I heat back up my veins freak out and don't respond correctly. The result? Often, about 10-20 minutes after a workout, my fingers are bone white and fingernails blue...often you can see the exact point where the vessels are messed up (tho that changes), like from the second knuckle up it's white, or sometimes between the first and second knuckle. Disturbing? Heck ya! Went to doc, his grand advice was not to get cold (!?!?), so if your doc has different advice I'd love to hear it . Good luck!
  • flynabster
    Options
    My hands tend to get a little tingly and swollen when I walk.....but, it goes away quickly.....
    Hope you can figure out what's happening....
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Wow - totally sounds like what I got going on!
    Raynaud's Phenomenon.
    http://arthritis.webmd.com/tc/raynauds-phenomenon-topic-overview
    Crazy. Thanks. Sounds like it's nothing real serious. I have an e-mail into a friend to let me know if she thinks I should contact my doc before my post surgery check up next month.
    Thanks for the fast responses ladies!
    I love this website!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Wow - totally sounds like what I got going on!
    Raynaud's Phenomenon.
    http://arthritis.webmd.com/tc/raynauds-phenomenon-topic-overview
    Crazy. Thanks. Sounds like it's nothing real serious. I have an e-mail into a friend to let me know if she thinks I should contact my doc before my post surgery check up next month.
    Thanks for the fast responses ladies!
    I love this website!

Don't ask your friend. Ask your Doctor. If it's a post surgery check up they need to know new problems! Even if it's Raynauds.
  • Sweating4Sanity
    Options
    Happens to me sometimes...Could be as simple as the need for a Chiropractic Adjustment?
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    haahaa - that should have been pre op check up. And my friend that I have the e-mail into, is a doc, just not mine.
    LOL
  • HawkeyeGuy
    Options
    Hey Wiscy...my thoughts, stop worrying about. Going to the Dr. only lets you know you're sick and then changes your whole attitude!!! Suck it up and keep working on that stellar body!!!