3 Weeks and no loss :(

Options
Hi all, i am after a bit of advice I've been good for 3 weeks now and only lost 2lb...I'm doing on average 2 miles a day exercise and only once have gone over my calories, can someone take a look at my food diaries and tell me where I'm going wrong please....what do i need to change. My partner is eating exactly the same as me and NOT doing any exercise and they have lost 18lb in 2 weeks...!

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    2 lbs in a couple of weeks is great. 18 lbs is much more unusual. Your diary is closed right now..
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi all, i am after a bit of advice I've been good for 3 weeks now and only lost 2lb...I'm doing on average 2 miles a day exercise and only once have gone over my calories, can someone take a look at my food diaries and tell me where I'm going wrong please....what do i need to change. My partner is eating exactly the same as me and NOT doing any exercise and they have lost 18lb in 2 weeks...!

2lbs in 3 weeks is good... your partner presumably has a lot more weight to lose than you and has cut their calories more drastically to have lost 18lbs?

dont compare yourself to anyone else... just work on doing you the best you can.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Diary is closed....
  • Livestrongalways
    Options
    Well done on loosing 2lb :) I'm in my first week so haven't lost anything either but I have noticed a slight change in my body shape, have u measured? U could have lost that way rather than weight? I would ask myself if I had found the last 3 weeks difficult? How my health has improved even if just a little :) your more likely to keep this change in ur life if it's more realistic, if for example you went with a diet that causes a great quick loss of say 10lb in the 3 weeks then yes u would feel good but will probably stop after a while and then gain it all back on ( typical me lol) continue with what your doing as it's working for you :) all the best x
  • valerierackly74
    valerierackly74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i've been the same. i started in early December, i go to the gym three times a week and am watching my calories keeping them inline an i wasn't loosing anything. then i got weighed this morning after a really down day yesterday and I've lost 7lb since i last got weighed a few weeks ago. don't give up. have you been taking measurements. they come off much more it seems.
  • ZooneeBaby
    Options
    valerierackly is right - as long as you keep up your regime it will come off. One thing which may help is to buy yourself a heart monitor and wear it every time you exercise. This will accurately record the calories you are burning and you will be able adjust the calories you are eating accordingly. I wouldn't be without mine. Keep up the good work!:smile:
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    " My partner is eating exactly the same as me and NOT doing any exercise and they have lost 18lb in 2 weeks...! "

Either you are your partner are fibbing about something. This simply does not happen....
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Either you are your partner are fibbing about something. This simply does not happen....
    Actually it can if the person has a significant amount of weight to lose. When they start losing weight the first couple of weeks a lot of weight can come off mainly water. I lost around 8 pounds in my first week then 6 for a couple until it settled down. As for the OP weight is coming off and at a steady rate I wouldn't worry as others have said don't compare yourself to others we all lose weight differently
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You're losing 1.5 lbs. per week–that's amazing progress! It took me a whole year to lose 20.

Everybody's different. Weight loss is like yoga–don't compare yourself to anybody else, just look at how you were yesterday, last week, last month, and last year. You're doing it. You're on the way to a new you.

Keep up the great work, and read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Actually it can if the person has a significant amount of weight to lose. When they start losing weight the first couple of weeks a lot of weight can come off mainly water. I lost around 8 pounds in my first week then 6 for a couple until it settled down. As for the OP weight is coming off and at a steady rate I wouldn't worry as others have said don't compare yourself to others we all lose weight differently

Oh in theory yes but generally a sedentary person is not going to lose more water than a person doing exercise to the extent that the sedentary loses 14lb and the active loses nothing, unless, as you suggested their weights are different... a significant difference in this case.

A more common reasoning is that the OP is exaggerating or not being honest about foods being recorded.

Still 2lb in 2 weeks is nothing to complain about. When I was trying to lose weight I wasnt even trying to do so at this rate.