Fried eggs - Good or Bad?

Options
I'm trying to lose weight and have been having a few fried eggs on top of raw chopped kale in the morning before the gym with a tbsp of soy sauce and fresh ground pepper. I mix it all together and it is a great dish. I could eat this 3x a week. However are fried eggs good or bad for weight loss? I fry the eggs in PAM vegetable cooking spray to reduce calories and fat opposed to olive or vegetable oil. Are fried eggs good or bad? Should I skip eggs entirely or just have egg whites?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,923 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose weight and have been having a few fried eggs on top of raw chopped kale in the morning before the gym with a tbsp of soy sauce and fresh ground pepper. I mix it all together and it is a great dish. I could eat this 3x a week. However are fried eggs good or bad for weight loss? I fry the eggs in PAM vegetable cooking spray to reduce calories and fat opposed to olive or vegetable oil. Are fried eggs good or bad? Should I skip eggs entirely or just have egg whites?
    Fried eggs are fine and a healthy addition to any diet. Personally I use butter for frying eggs, not a fan of sprays.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I love eggs and have fried eggs a couple times a week, good source of protein. Everything in moderation.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Eggs are a great source of protein. I'd use olive or coconut oil rather than a spray, though. Or else scramble them in the microwave, or poach them.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I wipe the frypan with a thin layer of olive oil and fry them - nothing worse than a fried egg dripping in fat!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I love my fried eggs best
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    No food is inherently good or bad. If it fits your macros, eat it.
  • idontcarroll
    idontcarroll Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Eggs are good for you. When I fry eggs, I fry them in bacon grease.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the whites and a few yolks. Too many yolks will fk up your macros.
  • timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Eggs are awesome. Packed with vitamins, minerals, protein. I mean, literally, everything that a single cell needs to grow into a baby chicken is inside that egg. Lots of good stuff.

I find it very helpful not to think about food in terms of "good" or "bad". Those leftovers you find in the fridge that you can't exactly remember how old they are, maybe it smells OK but is looking a little funky, that's bad food. If you can eat it, feel satisfied and stay within your calorie/macro goals, then it's good food.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Eff that.

Egg whites are sadness
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Eggs are pretty good i have to really force myself to eat them though just not a huge fan
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    How many eggs would one suggest a week for weight loss? I love eggs and all the health benefits..
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Eff that.

Egg whites are sadness

I was thinking of a polite response to this one, but you got there first! Eggs without the yolk is just wrong.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I eat several fried eggs every day. They help with getting fats and protein
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Eff that.

Egg whites are sadness

I was thinking of a polite response to this one, but you got there first! Eggs without the yolk is just wrong.

Agreed. Yolks are THE BEST part.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Eff that.

Egg whites are sadness

I hate egg white and only eat the yolks of boiled or fried eggs :blushing: Omelettes are another, delicious, matter though.
  • Charlenemon
    Options
    I love eggs, poached or fried is the bomb! I can have it boiled, but it has to be very runny. Aslong as you account for the calories (as it can add up if you have too many), then eggs are a healthy source of protein and fat. :)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    How many eggs would one suggest a week for weight loss? I love eggs and all the health benefits..
    As many as fit under your calorie allowance!

Once demonised, recent research found eggs have no clinically significant impact on cholesterol levels.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Eff that.

Egg whites are sadness

Not so good at the polite lol

I made these breakfast buns last weekend that used 4 yolks in the dough. I hate wasting food...
    So I had to have a 4 egg white omelet. It was sadness even though I added parmesan cheese and thyme to it
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    If you like them = Good

If you don't like them = Bad

To me they're delicious, especially fried in coconut oil, and are therefore very good.