Fried eggs - Good or Bad?

Options

Replies

• misscoastal
    misscoastal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Love eggs - particularly as an omelette (so many exciting fillng options!) and poached. But the best has to be cutting into a perfectly fried egg.....and they are so good for you (eggs as a wholel that is) :-)
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Eggs are good for you. When I fry eggs, I fry them in bacon grease.

Me too. Bacon Grease FTW!
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I don't personally like fried eggs. I like my eggs scrambled with butter instead of spray, mixed with diced ham and shredded cheese.

If you like them fried, eat up. Eggs are delicious and a great source of protein.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    How many eggs would one suggest a week for weight loss? I love eggs and all the health benefits..

As others have said, as long as the eggs are not preventing you from hitting your calorie or macro goals, you can eat as many as you want.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Eggs are good for you. When I fry eggs, I fry them in bacon grease.

Me too. Bacon Grease FTW!

+3
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I'd go with the whites and a few yolks. Too many yolks will fk up your macros.

False. Depends on the person's macros and what else they're eating that contains fat.
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Whole eggs taste too strong for me so I eat 2 whole eggs with 4 whites.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    stay in deficit, hit macros, and you can pretty much eat whatever you want..

so fry dem suckers up!
  • Heisenberg1234
    Options
    Egg whites are better for you, however everything in small amounts is ok as long as you stay within your target calories. I have bioled eggs in the week when Im training and then a fry up (air fryer such a good investment) with fryied egg whites of a weekend
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options

This is what I do.
  • Lyn8944
    Options
    I wipe the frypan with a thin layer of olive oil and fry them - nothing worse than a fried egg dripping in fat!

Best way to make them :)
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose weight and have been having a few fried eggs on top of raw chopped kale in the morning before the gym with a tbsp of soy sauce and fresh ground pepper. I mix it all together and it is a great dish. I could eat this 3x a week. However are fried eggs good or bad for weight loss? I fry the eggs in PAM vegetable cooking spray to reduce calories and fat opposed to olive or vegetable oil. Are fried eggs good or bad? Should I skip eggs entirely or just have egg whites?

I love kale, love eggs, never thought about putting them together. I have to try this!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    If you have a good nonstick skillet, you can fry them with very little fat or even with no fat.

If you want to avoid the added fat, try poaching them. I love them poached on an English muffin toasted. I have them a coupled times per week.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Egg whites are better for you, however everything in small amounts is ok as long as you stay within your target calories. I have bioled eggs in the week when Im training and then a fry up (air fryer such a good investment) with fryied egg whites of a weekend

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

i eat like four whole eggs a day and hit my macros just fine….
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Fried eggs are fine....I'd say the oil spray should be avoided, use a good fat suitable for high heat instead (coconut oil, butter/ghee)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options

i eat like four whole eggs a day and hit my macros just fine….
    Funny how some people still believe that yolks are not healthy and find excuses not to consume them. Where on earth are we going to find a better fat source (bang or the buck) than yolks.
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have 10-12 fried eggs per day. All good.
  • flab2fit_30
    Options
    No food is inherently good or bad. If it fits your macros, eat it.

^^^This!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I love eggs in almost any form. In for fried eggs.