What Now?....

Options
So 10lbs lost and now my weight wont budge. Whats the next step? I believe this is called a Plateau?

Thanks Guys!

Replies

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Increase your calories?

Mix up your workout regime?

Drink more water?
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    how long?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you lost weight?

How many calories are you eating? Are you weighing your food? Are you exercising? Have you adjusted your calorie intake to reflect your new weight?
  • dellybellyandbum
    dellybellyandbum Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Up your calories...seems crazy but it really does work...I had to recently and got straight back on track by eating more...obvs when I first started I could lose weight as I had more weight now I have less weight so can eat more...I dunno,it does sound crazy and I was doubtfull but it really is all about adjusting things a little...and I'm no expert...Good luck:wink:
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Plateau is the word which people use just as an excuse for something other than themselves being the reason for lack of weight loss. I wouldnt use it.

As you drop in weight, so does your calorie allowance. Adjust accordingly and you should be fine.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Increase your calories?

Mix up your workout regime?

Drink more water?

No
    No

and finally

No

How long has it been? if it's been under 1month it's not a plateau.

Barring that I looked at your diary...holy crap.

Goal of 1330 calories really? I eat more than you and lose weight...come on. Eat some food.

Set your goal at a min of 1800 (for men) buy a food scale and start weighing your food.

Make sure you log and weigh everything that gives you as much accuracy as you can have.

For exercise if you are doing Steady state cardio a HRM with chest start is good, but machines and MFP often over estimates your burns so eat back 50-75% of those calories.

If your goal is to get in shape start resistence training, make sure you get enough protien and up that goal.

If you want to go with a plan where you don't worry about your exercise calories go to scooby and get your TDEE and subtract a % off that...I suspect it will be about 2500-3000 calories just because I have a son your age and I know his TDEE is around 4200 due to his job as a welder...my husbands is 3800 he is older then you...and his job is somewhat physcial...mine is 2000...I am a woman, 41 and workout 5x a week but am sedentary most of the time.
  • bazzaking38
    Options
    Medical Reasons
    If you’ve tried everything and still can’t lose weight, you might have an underlying medical condition that’s causing the plateau. Sh that hormonal imbalances, kidney problems, prescription drugs such as antidepressants and even diabetes can affect your weight. If you’re taking any prescription medications or notice any other symptoms, consult with a doctor.
    Exercise
    Increasing your workouts in either length or intensity can help with weight loss. Try adding 10 or 15 minutes to your daily exercise routine and see if that makes a difference. You can also switch to a more intense activity. For example, Nutristrategy estimates that one hour of doing calisthenics can burn up to 563 calories per hour for a 155-pound person, but an hour of low-impact aerobics burns only 352 calories. For a higher calorie burn, try step aerobics, running, boxing or hiking. or keep happy with your lose and go to gym and get it ripped with muscle made daily protein shakes