I Forgot I'm Not As Fat as I Used to Be

Options
Today my shoe was untied and I didn't know what to do. In my head, I was the same person who couldn't reach his laces. I was the guy who tied his shoes so they were loose enough to slip on and off. I would always try to tie the bow tight enough that it wouldn't come untied. So today, I was looking for an opportunity to find a private spot where I could slip the shoe off and re-tie it without anyone seeing me. I was going from meeting to meeting with the laces flopping. Then it suddenly occurred to me, I can just kneel down and quite comfortably tie my shoe. So I did. :)

Replies

• cassy_runs
    Options
    What an awesome NSV story! As much as I love seeing pounds fall off on the scale, it's things like this that keep people like you and me going. With moments like this come the kind of freedom that those of us who struggle with our weight long for. Wanting to just bend down and tie your shoe, wanting to go through a day without tugging on your clothing, wanting to walk up a flight of stairs without getting out of breath- and when we do those things it's so nice to smile to ourselves and feel so proud of what we've accomplished.

Congratulations! You've most certainly earned it! :flowerforyou:
  • pacsqueen
    Options
    These are THE BEST success stories! Great work!! :o)
  • davepearson86
    davepearson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    chucknorrisapproves.gif

cool story!
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Cool
  • shellyae
    shellyae Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Thanks for sharing.
  • HappyMeLovely
    HappyMeLovely Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Nice! Keep up the good work :)
  • daniellabella986
    daniellabella986 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Love those small victories, they're my favorite. Keep it up!
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    This made me smile. For you!
    And for all of us working hard for our own little moments of success.

Congrats! And thanks for sharing.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Been there. I used to have to hold my breath to tie my shoes. And I would be red faced and out of breath when I was done. Good times.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    that is a great moment to share. thanks.
  • Arne_becomesxXx
    Arne_becomesxXx Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.....and congratulations for this moment.

Be proud!
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    That's great!

There's an outlet under my desk at work that I use to charge my phone, and before I would have to move the desk out of the way to reach it. One day I realized that now I can just squat down and reach under my desk without moving it. Much easier! There are so many little things like that that I told myself I was "too old" to do, and it was really just a matter of weight loss.
  • pluckylass
    Options
    Wow, that's a wonderful NSV! Must make life so much easier.

My "I forgot" was frustrating and excellent at the same time - I ordered a new corset for work Christmas party online, and they didn't have what I had determined to be my new size. Convinced that I was still the fat girl, I ordered the old size and just figured I'd lace it slightly tighter than usual - actually it was practically falling off me, I should have gone one size lower than I thought I was. I just didn't believe that I'd actually lost so much because I'm just the fat girl. It's a hard mindset to work though but sounds like you're winning.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome NSV!
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Fantastic nsv!
  • Rokosmummy
    Options
    It's the little things that mean so much!
  • phyl303
    phyl303 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!

Isn't it weird how our internal "mirror" lies to us sometimes?
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    sweet!!!!
  • PHS7
    PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Funny how the simplest things can make you feel really good about yourself.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!