Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Good. Give me some.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the whites and a few yolks. Too many yolks will fk up your macros.
    Eff that.

Egg whites are sadness

Yep.
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i dry fry my eggs in a very good non stick pan..... they taste yummy and no fat :)
  • doug_pierce
    Options
    Eggs are good for you. When I fry eggs, I fry them in bacon grease.

I want breakfast at your house.
  • shaxmath
    shaxmath Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this counts as frying since I make mine in a nonstick pan with no fat. You could do that if you want to reduce fat. I'm not a fan of cooking sprays so a thin layer of olive oil sounds best to me if you'd still like your eggs fried in some fat.

Also according to michi's ladder, foods should be eaten raw, steamed, grilled, poached, baked, or broiled. Frying automatically drops even the best foods into tier 5 (which is basically a list of 'bad' foods which for me means stuff you shouldn't make a habit of eating often here.). I don't go by this ladder, your post just reminded me of this and maybe you'd like to know that.

But really, you can eat any food you want as long as it's in moderation and if you count calories, as long as it fits them. And anyway seeing as you go to the gym after that, you probably need the fuel!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have 10-12 fried eggs per day. All good.

You must have a very high grocery bill lol
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options

not necessarily. eggs are fairly cheap at the grocery store.
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    I'd go with the whites and a few yolks. Too many yolks will fk up your macros.
    Eff that.

Egg whites are sadness

I was thinking of a polite response to this one, but you got there first! Eggs without the yolk is just wrong.

Agreed. Yolks are THE BEST part.

Eggs without the yolk is like coffee without caffeine; why bother? :wink:
    I just had 2 eggs fried in bacon grease for my breakfast.
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    Just had 2 myself on some honey wheat toast....magically delicious!!
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Make sure you log the fats you're using to cook them in, the calories can add up. As long as they fit your goals, though, you can eat as many as you like.

I personally prefer to poach my eggs if I'm not scrambling or hard boiling. They have a similar consistency to fried without being greasy, which I don't like, and don't have any extra calories since it's just water.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

Not everywhere across the country!

Stop & Shop store brand brown large eggs are 2.69$/dozen here in CT
    White eggs are cheaper
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose weight and have been having a few fried eggs on top of raw chopped kale in the morning before the gym with a tbsp of soy sauce and fresh ground pepper. I mix it all together and it is a great dish. I could eat this 3x a week. However are fried eggs good or bad for weight loss? I fry the eggs in PAM vegetable cooking spray to reduce calories and fat opposed to olive or vegetable oil. Are fried eggs good or bad? Should I skip eggs entirely or just have egg whites?

I love kale, love eggs, never thought about putting them together. I have to try this!

"Super Energy Kale Recipe" on YouTube
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    In to vote for awesome. Incredible edible egg!

I eat about three a day, sometimes. Great low cal source of protein
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I have been eating 6 eggs fried in a half tbsp of olive oil for lunch for weeks. topped with a bit of sriracha and it's a grand meal with great macros and quite filling.
  • Huffdogg
    Options

Not everywhere across the country!

Stop & Shop store brand brown large eggs are 2.69$/dozen here in CT
    White eggs are cheaper

Even at that price, they're likely still cheaper per oz than just about any other quality source of protein and good fats. What's wrong with white eggs?
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose weight and have been having a few fried eggs on top of raw chopped kale in the morning before the gym with a tbsp of soy sauce and fresh ground pepper. I mix it all together and it is a great dish. I could eat this 3x a week. However are fried eggs good or bad for weight loss? I fry the eggs in PAM vegetable cooking spray to reduce calories and fat opposed to olive or vegetable oil. Are fried eggs good or bad? Should I skip eggs entirely or just have egg whites?
    Fried eggs are fine and a healthy addition to any diet. Personally I use butter for frying eggs, not a fan of sprays.

I agree. I use butter, coconut oil or bacon grease to fry my eggs. No sprays in my house.
  • Huffdogg
    Options
    How many eggs would one suggest a week for weight loss? I love eggs and all the health benefits..

There is no straight answer to this. You want to hit your goals for protein, fats, and carbs as often as possible. Whatever combination of eggs and other foods helps you do this is what you want.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    I fry mine in bacon grease after cooking bacon. GOOD.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Egg whites are better for you, however everything in small amounts is ok as long as you stay within your target calories. I have bioled eggs in the week when Im training and then a fry up (air fryer such a good investment) with fryied egg whites of a weekend

Not so. Most of the nutrition is in the yolk, so how are egg whites better for you????