Is it possible???

Options
Last Friday I weighed myself and had lost a total of 31 pounds, I was elated. I had a not so good, but not terribly bad weekend, with 1, yes, only 1, Bloody Mary on Saturday night.

Fast forward to Monday morning, stepped on the scale and gained 5 pounds back????? WTF???

Is that possible??? Wow!!

Replies

• lynzz
    lynzz Posts: 45
    Options
    Last Friday I weighed myself and had lost a total of 31 pounds, I was elated. I had a not so good, but not terribly bad weekend, with 1, yes, only 1, Bloody Mary on Saturday night.

Fast forward to Monday morning, stepped on the scale and gained 5 pounds back????? WTF???

• bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Could be water. I've gained 10 pounds the last week. Been bingeing horribly. But I'm hoping some of mine is water too. Now working on getting that off!! GRRR:mad: :mad:

Odds are your extra 5 will be gone as fast as it showed up.
  • FitMomof3
    FitMomof3 Posts: 147
    Options
    I think it is possible that you gained 5 lbs, but I do not think it is possible that one bloody mary made you gain it. It is most likely water weight and you will lose it within the next few days.
  • brittany_preston185
    Options
    I agree with the others, it is most likely water weight. But, you should also consider the time of day in which you weighed. Your body's weight fluctuates throughout the day, so if you weighed in the morning then weighed again at night, your weight may be higher.

Drink tons of water for a day or two, then weigh....those 5 pounds should be gone.

Good luck!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options

It takes 3500 calories to gain or lose a pound, so to have actually "gained" 5 pounds over the weekend, you would have had to OVEREAT by 17,500 calories--something I think would be fairly difficult to do.

It is almost assuredly water weight--have you drank enough water every day? Are you close to TOM?