Okay, what would you consider "active activity"?

Options
MrsMRo220
MrsMRo220 Posts: 62 Member
I am a stay at home mom of 3, I usually clean, and play with the kids all day long, they are 4 1/2, 2 and 11 months. If I'm not playing, cleaning, laundry, or organizing, I'm cooking. So I'd say at the most, added up on a total of a whole day,, I get up between 5am and 7am, and go to bed around 10-11, I'm sitting a total of like 2-3 hours, just depends.

My goal is to loose 2 lbs a week, they had my calories at 1600, I changed it to light to see what they would be and it was 1280.

Now I was having trouble eating up to 1600 calories. I was always eating full meals, healthy everything, even with my coffee, I was getting around 1200-1400 and couldn't go much more.

Should I change it back to active? Or leave it? My nutritionist I work with won't be back for awhile.

Oh and I weigh 197 as of this morning, it was my weigh in day
I started at 210 January 1st.
And I'm 5'3 & 3/4 so basically 5'4 lol.

Replies

• MrsMRo220
    MrsMRo220 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Also feel free to add me!! :) I need more motivation and support on my phone, I can't access the message boards on my phone. Lol
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    That sounds pretty active to me! You're doing a great job!
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Maybe manually set your calorie goals? I get confused between light active and active but I got 2 kids my self, one in school the other one home, I also cook clean go food shopping ect and on top work out but I manually set mine til just recently. I forgot I had it on sedenatary knowing Im active. But I did that cause some days Im not too active other days I am.....Then I switched back to lightly active and it gave me 1570
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Sounds pretty active to me too, I think if you really want a good gage for it you would probably do well with a pedomiter that can just track your steps throughout the day. 5,000 steps or less is considered pretty sedentary and 10,000+ is considered active. Reguardless though it sounds like you are happy with your current plan and are getting results with it so I would just stick with what you are doing. Just make sure you get all the good nutrients you need in those calories.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I would say slighty active because even thought you're moving around alot all day, you are not raising you heart rate. You plan is working for you so just stay the course! Good luck! :flowerforyou: