being itchy while losing weight?

Options
This may be the weirdest question I've asked in a long time and I'm sure my response would be "lol what?!" But for some reason since starting to lose weight I'm itchy like crazy! No rash or anything more of an annoying tingling feeling. Is this normal? Time to consult the quack?

Regards,
Matt

Replies

• Edinburgh1986
    Options
    I don't get itchy just "losing weight" but do when I'm at the gym - usually around my lower arms/hands.

Only when I'm working out though so not continually.

If you're losing weight, have you changed any part of your lifestyle? Like are you eating something you didn't used to that you could be allergic to?
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    hope this helps....I usually get a tingling sensation when Im done and I thought well its just blood rushing back to those body parts
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/482558-tingly-feeling-when-exercising/
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I just find I have that problem at this time of year. It is very cold and dry where I live so my skin is just awful.
  • autumnlily31185
    autumnlily31185 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    If you have made changes to your diet that include cutting out a lot of salt you could be deficiet in iodine. This happened to me and I thought it was allergies when in reality I was not getting enough iodine in my sytems to balance everything out. Look up foods high in iodine and try to see if they help the feeling go away.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I just find I have that problem at this time of year. It is very cold and dry where I live so my skin is just awful.

This is what I figure too, I itch by my ankle and calfs.. its really annoying I think its just dry skin.