A newbie wtih an action plan to be fabulous in my 40s!

Options
Hi everyone! Just started using MFP this week and as I've read through various message boards, I'm amazed at all of the support!! One thing I have learned about myself .... my body is not designed to be super skinny. When I graduated from HS I wore a size 14 and thought I was HUGE even though I was active in sports!

However, those days of being a size 14 have passed and now I wish I could be that size again. I've tried everything and have had successes, only to gain the weight back. I recently went to the doctor and finally received my wake up call - blood work was not good so now IT'S ON. I decided, through encouragement from my great friend Ivey, to try MyFitnessPal and learn how to eat in moderation but enjoy life. Hopefully this time the weight will come off and stay off!

Look forward to meeting folks!

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!!

It was my very low 'good' cholestoral that gavae me that final PUSH to Really do this. I'm finally consistent and that number is rising - I'm no longer in the DANGER Zone!!!! I need to be here for my little kids.

I'm 48 and looking to be the most Fit of my life. :) Join me.... 40's are Great.

Nancy
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I love you, girl and you have SO GOT THIS! #teamtrio all the way!! I'm always here for you and will always be!!
  • deanna348
    Options
    i just started and need support also
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    would love to be part of your team.
    can I wear my cheer outfit and wave my pom poms?
    I can help and support your weight loss journey.
  • KateyP143
    Options
    Welcome! I'm Katelyn. I'm a newbie also, well sort of! I had signed up for this a few months ago and then got lazy unfortunately but I'm back and I'm ready to get down to business. No excuses allowed! Good luck on your journey.
  • aplatt41
    aplatt41 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Sending you a friend request. I just started this adventure a week ago...and LOVE how I am getting support through MFP!
  • dbm037
    dbm037 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP. You can be fabulous in your 40's! You so got this...If your diary is open and you want support please anyone add me. I am on here everyday and I think I support my friends great!! Good luck
  • LizFo
    LizFo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm also hoping to be fabulous in my 40s, and I'm getting there. I turn 40 in about a month and have used MFP for the last two years. MFP has been a great tool -- I log my food and exercise almost every day, and it's motivating to see what my "pals" are doing to be healthier. Welcome & feel free to add me as a friend.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :smile:
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Welcome! In my 40's but probably not as fabulous ;-) Sending a friend request. I log daily and always provide encouragement so if anyone else wants to add me, feel free!
  • JeffWilcoxen1967
    Options
    Hi I am turning 46 this year and I weigh over 300 lbs. I did not always weigh this much and in fact when I graduated from High School I was only 175 lbs. In my 20's I started working at a pizza joint and got in this crazy habit of eating pizza and drinking beer as my daily diet. Next thing you know here I am. I am now in my forties and having some problems with my heart. I got married 4 years ago for the first time to my best friend in High School. She struggles with her weight as well and is just the sweetest lady. We have a child who will be 5 next October and is just the most sweetest thing you ever saw. Which leads me to why I need to do this. I woke up on day and realized that at this rate I wont be around for my little girl. My wife's father passed away the year she was born and I see what it did to her. She always wonders what he was like and how proud would he have been. I really need to make this happen. With your support and my determination I know I can change the way I eat and exercise and in changing the way I live and cook and feed my family I will do my best to help you as well. I pray everyday for this and you should too. Thanks.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
  • jcjammin
    jcjammin Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    hey there me too!! I will be 35 this year I figured, I better start now if I want to fabulous, fit, and 40!
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I want to be famulous in my 50's, 60's & 70's! I'm on here everday you can add me if you like. Good luck to ya! :flowerforyou:
  • hattonrw
    hattonrw Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey there!
    I've been at this over a year and I can at least give you a challenge as far as exercise! Unfortunately, I eat as much as I exercise. :-)

I'll be turning 50 this year and really don't want to reduce my activities due to health.
    Anyone looking for a friend, shoot me a request!