Newbie to MFP

Options
I am a soon to be a 50 yr old female, I used to be very active and fit. I married about a year ago to a man of my dreams and he has been treating me like a Queen and yes, I have been eating at a Queen's table of GREAT TASTING food and I am also retired.

Well I have gained about 20 lbs, and up until the age of 49, it was not a big deal to loose my weight over a period of time. Well, I am eating correctly, exercising at least 3 times a week for 30+ minutes and finding MFP very helpful with keeping me on track, I just cannot not get my weight to budge. If anything it bounces back and fourth with about 3-5 lbs. CAN USE ALL THE HELP I CAN GET!

Thank you for this site and God Bless

Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through God who strengthens me.

Replies

• hattonrw
    hattonrw Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am turning 50 this year... I joined about a year ago and have been logging and exercising LOTS... Treadmill and martial arts.
    In the beginning things worked really well, but now I am doing much the same - bouncing around within the same 3-5lb range.
    I have a bad habit of snacking more than I should in the evenings and not logging.
    I think my biggest problem NOW is that I log my exercise, then eat back all the calories "because I can"... figuring I've earned it, or worked for it.
    I am also NOT a healthy eater.
    I do find that if I properly follow the logging of both exercise AND food, things work out well.

I sent you a friend request!
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Me and my wife are turning 50 this year also. She has about 100 to lose and I have 150 :-)
  • loseitnow66
    Options
    I'm sending a FR now. I'm not quite 50, but not too far off! lol