Looking for friends! Anyone is fine!

Options
MrsMRo220
MrsMRo220 Posts: 62 Member
I just need motivation! I love messaging about diet and exercise, I love thinking about it. It helps it really does. I also like learning stuff from people who have lost a lot of weight!

My husband is not the most supportive even though he complained about my weight for the last few years. He does not get this is a big deal, I'm like 80 lbs over weight. I'm trying very hard and he hates hearing about it he said. I told him about my 2lb weight loss and he was not very nice.

I weigh myself every Friday morning, and last time was 11lbs, but I had just completely changed my diet and started a lot of exercise. Then this week, only 2 lbs, I guess it wasn't enough. I was excited. I'm trying to stay excited. Hoping to loose another 2 by next Friday!

Replies

• MichelleRenee_76
    MichelleRenee_76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yea that first week will be your best. It does seem disappointing to only see a one or two pound drop from week to week. Been there. Four yrs ago I lost over 50 lbs and kept it off quite a while. Eventually it crept back on. just about all of it! So I'm trying to at least get back to where I was and hoping I still have the motivation to push further thereafter and see if I can become the skinny I never was. lol. Just gonna take TIME! And I'm awful impatient.
  • JoPa9477
    Options
    I'll be your friend! Good Morning!
  • MrsMRo220
    Options
    Yea that first week will be your best. It does seem disappointing to only see a one or two pound drop from week to week. Been there. Four yrs ago I lost over 50 lbs and kept it off quite a while. Eventually it crept back on. just about all of it! So I'm trying to at least get back to where I was and hoping I still have the motivation to push further thereafter and see if I can become the skinny I never was. lol. Just gonna take TIME! And I'm awful impatient.

I'm impatient too! It's horrible. I can't wait to see results. That will be so rewarding. I have a pair of jeans, there tight. I'm not trying them on until march 1st. Hoping they will fit. Or even be to loose!
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    yeah I know its disheartening for only 2lbs but thats really a great loss for a week - just remember 2lbs over 5 weeks is 10lbs!! It all adds up, and quicker than you think!

Ive lost 60lbs since last January, 39lbs of those since I joined MFP. I log everything and I exercise like a ninja! (hence the name).

Its quite concering how unsupportive your husband is - he should be your biggest cheerleader not put you down all the time. I have a few unsupportive people in my life (my hubby is not one of them) and that can really get me down sometimes.

Feel free to add me, Im a daily logger
  • nessa2BFit
    nessa2BFit Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me if you want... i am going on 365 days of logging straight!!! i was over 100 lbs over weight in a size 22 and 3x shirts... started on MFP a year ago and will logging and support i am down to a size 10 and m/l shirts... have friends with same goals is huge and someone who enjoys talking about fitness and food...

You will do great... mental is half the battle!
  • MichelleRenee_76
    Options
    Trust me, the reward is awesome!! When I lost that 50lbs, the best thing ever was seeing my sister for the first time in months and the first words out of her mouth were, "I hate you!" lol and it was funny she said it because I was looking good and back in a size 12. Me and both of my sisters have struggled with weight issues. It's a vicious cycle, we definately have roller coastered. Lose it, put it back on, repeat, repeat.....
  • CassiLyn6626
    CassiLyn6626 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend! You can never have enough support!
  • MichelleRenee_76
    Options
    feel free to add me if you want... i am going on 365 days of logging straight!!! i was over 100 lbs over weight in a size 22 and 3x shirts... started on MFP a year ago and will logging and support i am down to a size 10 and m/l shirts... have friends with same goals is huge and someone who enjoys talking about fitness and food...

You will do great... mental is half the battle!

Wow, your loss is amazing! I've never even been a size 10, that would be awesome. Congrats!
  • DWW529
    DWW529 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Congrats on what you've done so far. I'm a re-commited MFP'r and I'm looking for as many "accountability buddies" as I can get. Feel free to add me. I keep my diary open to friends. It's not perfect and niether am I but I'm happy to help.

Rock on!!!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Keep at it, you can do it! Good luck!
  • MrsMRo220
    Options
    Trust me, the reward is awesome!! When I lost that 50lbs, the best thing ever was seeing my sister for the first time in months and the first words out of her mouth were, "I hate you!" lol and it was funny she said it because I was looking good and back in a size 12. Me and both of my sisters have struggled with weight issues. It's a vicious cycle, we definately have roller coastered. Lose it, put it back on, repeat, repeat.....

That's so funny, I don't know if he'd notice. He has some crazy expectations. I mean, I've had 3 full term, and over baby's. My stomach was huge. I don't think with stretch marks and stuff that my stomach will be super flat. Ever, unless I have surgery which I will consider if I get there and need it. I'm a size 16 right now, if my stomach wasn't so big I'd be a 14, maybe 12. I'd like to be 5 or 7 again. It just seems impossible.
  • anniev55
    Options
    I am new to this, It looks like this will be very helpful to keeping me on track.
  • hon918
    hon918 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are off to a great start. Sending friend request!
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    My fiance likes me chubby (its more than that!!) So I know how you feel. He hasn't been too bad but I don't know if that will start to change once I lose more. He doesn't seem to understand I'm doing this for me
  • OhCora
    OhCora Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    friend me if you like ;-)
  • AllyBooMommyof2
    Options
    You can add me! :)
  • khassidy
    khassidy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Everyone Can feel free to add me:)!

My husband Is in VERY good shape, Before I got pregnant, we used to go to the gym together! But now with our daughter, Id rather not spend another two hours away from home (i work full time). So I zumba In the mornings before work! Sometimes My husband will pull the "do you even lift?' attitude, and i'm quick to stop him. I let him know that all is his training is focused on gains, where as mine is based on losses! So he can keep his unwanted comments to himself! 67 lbs down (lost 10lbs before joing mfp) So clearly I know what i'm doing haha!
  • chelle1114
    chelle1114 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We are all here to MOTIVATE and SUPPORT eachother! So stay dedicated and determined to go beyond your goals. LET"S GEEEEEEEEEET IIIIIIITTTTT CRACKILACKIN! LOL
    Everyone please feel free to add me if you so desire!
    HAKUNA MATATA!
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    First, let me say I'm sorry your husband isn't more supportive. That makes things a lot harder. I've got a few friends who have this issue and MFP has helped them greatly!

Secondly, let me say welcome and feel free to add me if you're looking for friends!
  • MichelleRenee_76
    Options

That's so funny, I don't know if he'd notice. He has some crazy expectations. I mean, I've had 3 full term, and over baby's. My stomach was huge. I don't think with stretch marks and stuff that my stomach will be super flat. Ever, unless I have surgery which I will consider if I get there and need it. I'm a size 16 right now, if my stomach wasn't so big I'd be a 14, maybe 12. I'd like to be 5 or 7 again. It just seems impossible.

Oh, they will notice. My ex husband (whom I was with when I lost all that weight) used to call me every name in the book regarding my size. When I lost the weight he immediately became uber possessive. And then I left him.....long time coming tho! It was funny. I had three kids too, and I definately wish I could afford some tucking up after all this. And maybe get my boobs back. lol, they leave me every time I lose weight and they NEVER return when I gain it again! It's not fair! lol