Started off with a bang...worried it will turn to a whisper

Options
Hi All-
I'm 34 years old And need to get happy again. I want to use exercise as a way to calm and relax myself on challenging days. I want to be as confident as I once was, but mostly, I want to set a good example for my two young kiddos. I think having a friend to hold me accountable to my goals would help tremendously. This time, I am taking one day at a time.

Replies

• wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hiya :-)

Your motivation resonates with me, I have 2 toddler girls that I want to be able to keep up with, and set a good example for.

And we seem to be the same age. I am in Australia, if you fancy having some Aussie connections. I've been lurking about here for a while and never get round to adding friends, but think I should!
  • Prudence1980
    Options
    Hi, I am from Canada 33 years old, two kiddies, a boy 3 1/2 years old and a girl 15 months. I have been pondering the weight thing for the past year and am ready to get back to myself. I hear you about needing the calm on challenging days. I am a stay at home mom, not many close friends except for the hubby and my mother, who lives next door (a blessing and a curse, lol). I would love to have a few friends on here to compare and commiserate with. I am a normally shy person but I will try to open up on here.
  • futureformerfatgirl2014
    Options
    I used to live overseas and have several mates in Oz! Thanks for responding. I know this my first day on mfp, but how do you find time to log everything you eat?! I guess you get used to it?! Look forward to talking soon.
  • raileneperkins
    raileneperkins Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello 37 y/o stay at home Mom of a 5 y/o girl. Your post says it all. The way I deal with logging my food is by using my phone a lot. The phone app has a bar code scanner built right in so the food description and calorie info just pops right up. Other than that I find snapping a picture of the foods I can't log right away helps too. My phone is definitely my MFP go to for keeping me up on logging calories.
  • Liss_Bee
    Liss_Bee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have older kids, my son is 12 and daughter is 7, but it's always a challenge with kids in the house to lose weight. I love to walk every morning and that is how I've lost the weight I have lost up till now and it seems to make my whole day more manageable. I'm adding yoga a few days a week to see how much it will help with relaxing me and possibly toning a bit in the process. As far as logging, I also use my phone a lot, but I find that if I log first thing in the morning I have my game plan for the whole day and know what I can eat next. I've always been a boredom eater so this is what has worked for me. If I snack I will add that as I go, but logging everything first thing in the morning is what I try to stick to. Hope you find what works for you and feel free to add me! =]
  • KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great place to help you achieve your weight loss goals. The secret with logging is you just have to make it a habit. Find like 10 minutes at the end of the day where you can enter everything then take pictures of what you eat throughout the day. Take 21 days to form a habit. If you have the app on you phone you can usually sent reminders to go off that tell you to post your meals. I enjoy supporting fellow MFP friends. I have sent you a friend request. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • Gottadoitnow24
    Options
    Had 2 healthy boys exactly 10 months apart. (5 years ago)
    Could never really bounce back from carrying them.
    I'm here to talk when needed! I was once a very fit person,
    Cannot wait to be that way again...to be happy!
    I'm going to the gym everyday no matter what, no excuses. I log all my food on here and
    always make sure that I beat my daily goals. It's hard, but worth it.
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I log and get on MFP when my girls are napping, then after they go to bed. The mobile app is helpful if you can use it without being grabbed at by tiny hands!

If I am able, I log in advance too - eg when I log breakfast, I try to plan and log lunch too. Doesn't always work out like that, but even if you just jot it down somewhere to add later that's a start.

I am just working on getting my diet right, then will add more activity. It's so hot here that putting the babies in a pram and going for a walk is not pleasant for anyone, so will give it a few weeks and a few more kg loss by then hopefully. That's what worked for me pre-babies when I lost 30kg a few years back. :-)