Updated Progress Pics

Options
So here is my success so far, after being here for two months. I started this in early September, and right away started to notice a difference. I haven't lost any weight since getting on here, but I've lost TONS of inches! 22 cumulative inches from my neck, arms, chest, waist, hips, and thighs. I have noticed my face is thinner, and my gut is starting to go away, and I can actually feel my abs instead of random lumps in my tummy. haha I am now 42 days nicotine free, after a long struggle. I started out in my journey just walking, and now, after only two months, I can run 3 miles in 36 minutes. I've come a LONG way, but not as far as some of you! :flowerforyou: You guys are my inspiration to keep going, especially when I feel like stopping from lack of weight loss. I know that in order to be a better me, this has to be a lifestyle change, and I LOVE it! Thank you for being yourselves and being real and honest and caring! Okay. Here's the pics now. lol

Picture14-1.jpg
Picture20-1-1-1.jpg

Replies

• Wants2bethin
    Options
    Nice work Wanna, Congrats!
  • mynameisdumbnuts
    Options
    Congratulations on losing some inches and losing the nicotine habit! You look absolutely lovely -- your face is glowing. Keep up the good work; everyone is rooting for you. :smile:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing some inches and losing the nicotine habit! You look absolutely lovely -- your face is glowing. Keep up the good work; everyone is rooting for you. :smile:

:blushing: Thank you.
  • AngelSharum
    AngelSharum Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your successes!
  • BughaBear
    Options
    Congrats on the wt thing but especially on quitin smokin!!!! Keep up the great work!!
  • sevangelista
    Options
    You can boost weight loos with intense weight training..by intense I don't mean heavy weights but they should be heavy enough to limit you to 3 sets of 8-10 reps. Keep walking or running but add weight...more muscle mass...higher metabolic rate

Good luck...I have a really long "weigh" to go but day at a time seems to be the way
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    You can boost weight loos with intense weight training..by intense I don't mean heavy weights but they should be heavy enough to limit you to 3 sets of 8-10 reps. Keep walking or running but add weight...more muscle mass...higher metabolic rate

Good luck...I have a really long "weigh" to go but day at a time seems to be the way

Oh, thank you! I have no idea how to boost all that. I feel like my routine is intense enough to lose weight, but it just hasn't been at all yet. I think one session with a trainer would be worth my while, so I can jump start that. Thanks again.
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    awesomely done! way to go!
  • skinnyack
    Options
    my first three month (pre MFP) I lost the same 3 lbs over and over again- I lost some inches and gained lots of muscle... and then right around the time I started MFP I started pushing harder at the gym too and weight started to drop. Just saying that to encourage you- great job on the inches!! Number, schnumber- you LOOK AWESOME and BEAUTIFUL!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Thanks, guys! It means alot, and the encouragement really helps keep me fired up. :happy:
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,334 Member
    Options
    So here is my success so far, after being here for two months. I started this in early September, and right away started to notice a difference. I haven't lost any weight since getting on here, but I've lost TONS of inches! 22 cumulative inches from my neck, arms, chest, waist, hips, and thighs. I have noticed my face is thinner, and my gut is starting to go away, and I can actually feel my abs instead of random lumps in my tummy. haha I am now 42 days nicotine free, after a long struggle. I started out in my journey just walking, and now, after only two months, I can run 3 miles in 36 minutes. I've come a LONG way, but not as far as some of you! :flowerforyou: You guys are my inspiration to keep going, especially when I feel like stopping from lack of weight loss. I know that in order to be a better me, this has to be a lifestyle change, and I LOVE it! Thank you for being yourselves and being real and honest and caring! Okay. Here's the pics now. lol

So proud of you! It's amazing that you could've lost so many inches without the scale budging...maybe your scale is broken? :) But the pictures 'say' it all. The transformation so far is absolutely incredible. I'm happy and excited for you! Have you even considered how many *YEARS* you've probably added back to your life by giving up smoking and getting off the couch and putting your running shoes on?!?

Congrats on your success so far. Now, keep it going so you can 'WOW us again in a couple more months! =)
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options

So proud of you! It's amazing that you could've lost so many inches without the scale budging...maybe your scale is broken? :) But the pictures 'say' it all. The transformation so far is absolutely incredible. I'm happy and excited for you! Have you even considered how many *YEARS* you've probably added back to your life by giving up smoking and getting off the couch and putting your running shoes on?!?

Congrats on your success so far. Now, keep it going so you can 'WOW us again in a couple more months! =)

I've used four different scales. The gym scale, the dr office scale, my mom's scale, and my sister's scale. I don't have a scale, so...... I use the gyms scale. It sucks, cuz it's standard, not digital. It's hard to get a good reading without the digital.

ETA: Thank you for your words. Gives a girl a little hitch in her giddyup! hehe :bigsmile: :blushing:
  • panda742002
    panda742002 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Congrats! I am like you and started in September walking. I am not ready for running yet. I haven't lost a lot weight either but I have lost 3 inches in my stomach and hips. I am noticing my clothes are getting looser. Today for the first time somone one told me at work they have noticed that I losing. So that was pretty cool!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    :bigsmile: Awesome, panda742002! And thank you.
  • getupandgo
    Options
    Good job - lookin' good!
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    yea buddy! you look great! that is awesome about the inches:)
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hooray for inches! You're lookin' good. :happy:
  • autumnater
    autumnater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You look amazing...Keep up the good work!
  • YogaAli
    Options
    Congrats! Great success pics! I went from walking to jogging a little just tonight! Now I read how you went to running 3 miles and I am more motivated. :)
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,334 Member
    Options
    One other thing I meant to mention that I haven't seen talked about very much around this web site (if at all?) is how much money you can save over your lifetime by having made this excellent change for yourself. Hey, who doesn't like money in their pockets. =) Of course, there's the obvious...the insane amount of money that cigarettes cost. Other things people might forget to consider that they might save money on:

- Medical costs. You'll get sick less often. Less trips to the doctor, less OTC & prescription meds, less time missed from work, reduced risk of life-threatening illnesses associated with smoking.

- And speaking of work, you'll have more energy, probably be in a better mood and show more confidence ... all of which could increase your income potential.

- Life insurance premiums. I know, you're still just a young'n ... LOL ... but if you haven't made that jump yet, trust me, that'll save you tons too. Healthy weight and being a non-smoker normally qualifies someone for "Preferred Rates". We're talking at least hundreds of dollars saved annually.

Now -- what to spend all this "new-found" money on! :bigsmile: Since the money saved on smokes is immediate, that could go towards new running shoes when you wear your current ones out, a personal trainer, gym membership, new clothes for your new body....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!