Someone check my math on a smoothie?

Options
I created a food, homemade smoothie: frozen berries, coconut milk, ginger, kale, sunflower butter. I get 234 calories which seems high. Can someone add up the nutrition info for the individual items and double check my math? Thank you!

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I created a food, homemade smoothie: frozen berries, coconut milk, ginger, kale, sunflower butter. I get 234 calories which seems high. Can someone add up the nutrition info for the individual items and double check my math? Thank you!

How can you not list amount used of each ingredient and expect anybody to determine the calorie count?
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

How can you not list amount used of each ingredient and expect anybody to determine the calorie count?

:laugh:
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options

Based on the ingredients I came up with 4,193 calories.
  • ashzacher
    ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Not sure what kind/how much sunflower butter you used, but any type of nut butter isn't exactly low in calories (assuming sunflower butter is similar in calories). That may be where a majority of your calories are coming from. :)
  • eomuno215in541
    eomuno215in541 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I noticed that. It's 2 tablespoons for a full pitcher of the blender. Is a pitcher I think 24oz? Thanks.
  • eomuno215in541
    Options
    That's what I meant by check my math. I can read and add. My math's right. Just not sure about the nutrition numbers. I was hoping someone would google the nutrition for each item and double check my result. I'm coming up with 270 calls for 16oz which seems high for the ingredients. Granted there are so many brands w varying nutrition. And I'm trying to share it with the community because I just didn't see a pre-existing smoothie that matched what I make. But if you want, yes, I can post/send all the nutrition numbers for each item. Maybe you could tell me if anything looks higher than it should be?
  • eomuno215in541
    Options

That's what I meant by check my math. I can read and add. My math's right. Just not sure about the nutrition numbers. I was hoping someone would google the nutrition for each item and double check my result. I'm coming up with 270 calls for 16oz which seems high for the ingredients. Granted there are so many brands w varying nutrition. And I'm trying to share it with the community because I just didn't see a pre-existing smoothie that matched what I make. But if you want, yes, I can post/send all the nutrition numbers for each item. Maybe you could tell me if anything looks higher than it should be?
  • jamebb
    jamebb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That's what s/he means. It's impossible to check your numbers without knowing how much kale, coconut milk, etc you used.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options

Google it yourself.
  • jamebb
    jamebb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Also given that 2 tbsp of sunflower butter is about 200 cal and a half cup of coconut milk is about 150, your smoothie calories seem kind of low. But again, its hard to make a determination without know how much (how many cups, grams, mL) of each ingredient you used.
  • eomuno215in541
    Options

For berries and veggies?? The sunflower butter's about 93 cals factoring 1/4 of a 28oz blender. Coconut milk about 60. I know they vary by brand. I'm trying to calculate one 16 oz serving, not the full 28oz. Thanks anyway.
  • AllieGeorge23
    Options

For berries and veggies?? The sunflower butter's about 93 cals factoring 1/4 of a 28oz blender. Coconut milk about 60. I know they vary by brand. I'm trying to calculate one 16 oz serving, not the full 28oz. Thanks anyway.

Sarcasm detector turned off?
  • just_Jennie1
    Options

I did Google the ingredients and since you didn't specify servings I came up with 4,000 calories.

Why don't you measure out everything as you put it in the blender and create the recipe? It's not that difficult to do. The smoothie that I make is 588 calories for 2 servings. I figured this out by putting all the ingredients in and since it's for two people made the serving size for 2 so one serving is 294 calories.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    What you are asking does not make sense with the information you provided. We need more information.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    What you are asking does not make sense with the information you provided. We need more information.

Not to hijack but you have amazing arms.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

Hmmmm... If you're filling a 28 oz blender 1/4 full of sunflower butter, that comes out to 1302 calories.

In all seriousness: Tell us how much of each ingredient you're putting into the blender, and we can tell you how many calories there are.

Or, you know, you can log the numbers in your food diary and you'll get the answer faster.
  • eomuno215in541
    Options

Thanks for laughing. I'm just trying to get accurate info and hoped someone would be kind enough to search the nutrition charts and see if their result was close to mine. The laughter helps so much. Shouldn't you be on the msn boards? I guess laughter burns a couple calories and I should have been more specific for "peers" who didn't understand.
  • MissMollyMN
    Options

I was hoping someone would google the nutrition for each item and double check my result.

Ummm....can't you?
  • just_Jennie1
    Options

Thanks for laughing. I'm just trying to get accurate info and hoped someone would be kind enough to search the nutrition charts and see if their result was close to mine. The laughter helps so much. Shouldn't you be on the msn boards? I guess laughter burns a couple calories and I should have been more specific for "peers" who didn't understand.

And again how hard is it for you to make the recipe yourself? Sounds like you're just being lazy.

Take the ingredients and measure them out as you put them in the blender. BAM! Instant recipe.
  • AlanByam
    Options
    They need to know the quantity of each ingredient you put in. We can't just guess than you put in an 1/8 of a cup. No way to be accurate or even guestimate with the information given. Need measurements of EACH ingredient added.