I gain A LOT of weight whenever I exercise...?

Options
2»

Replies

• mammamia811
    mammamia811 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    AGREE!
    "You are overtraining and possibly undereating, take more rest and re evaluate your diet and workout."
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    RE: Diary - I think you need to make your diary open to the public OR your profile open to the public.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing that strikes me odd is your allergies - to healthy food, IE: all healthy food?

Have you been to the doctor, have you had full allergy panel done - I have ALOT of allergies, but I still eat alot of veggies, just avoiding the few that I really can't take.

If you are truly allergic to as many things as you claim, you will need to STOP eating them and find other healthy alternatives. Eating things that you are allergic will cause system wide inflammation and possibly other medical issues. This alone could be WHY you have gained instead of dropped (if logging correctly) inflammation w/ can your tissues to with hold ALOT of water.

I recommend seeing a doctor to get your allergies checked.

Plus as many of the others recommend, log everything correctly. Even if you eat out somewhere, alot of fast food places have online information about their food thus you should be able to add things as needed.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I average 1,300-1,500 calories a day. I do log what I eat, even if it's not good and there's not many days where I'm over my recommended calories. Not sure how to open diary. I have a lot of fruit/veggie allergies... so for the past couple weeks I've been eating fruits/veggies instead of other things and I have to take benadryl several times a day so I don't get hives, etc so that makes it extra awful..

No, I don't weigh my food. I actually don't have a kitchen right now... (long story) so most of my food is prepared...... like Subway almost everyday or prepackaged salads, etc so that is easy to "measure" I guess. I do log it all in (even if I get dressings, etc).

Ahem. Guys, it's a 13 lb gain in a couple of weeks. That's not from overestimating calories - at least the bulk of it isn't. The most logical explanation is water retention.

Are you aware that one of the potential, but infrequent, side effects of Benadryl is severe water retention? To the point where the retention can be visible?

Let's assume you're not wildly off on the calorie estimation. I will about guarantee you that you are experiencing that side effect. Don't eat things you're allergic to, and stop taking the Benedryl. Water should gradually drop off in a week or so.